Director, Annual Giving
Kennesaw State UniversityKennesaw, GA
Find your wings at KSU!
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia’s colleges. We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high-impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university’s vibrant culture, diversity, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion.
Manages the overall operation of the Annual Fund, including Crowdfunding, Phonathon, student philanthropy programs, campus campaign and retirees. Responsible for direct mail campaigns to KSU alumni and the budget for direct mail, Phonathon and student philanthropy. Negotiates and manages vendor contracts for direct mail and Phonathon. Coordinates with major gift officers to produce multiple appeals for individual colleges and departments. Ensures a cohesive strategy across all platforms of annual giving solicitation.
- Works with department leadership to develop and implement departmental plans for setting, meeting and increasing annual giving goals
- Develops concepts and action plans for annual appeals to constituencies, including segmentation, messaging, and regular tracking by appeal code
- Works with communications to create design for appeals and corresponding appeal emails
- Works with departments to create scripting for appeals
- Works with major gift officers to fundraise for annual scholarships, individual department projects and other campus initiatives
- Writes solicitation letters, secures recipient lists and schedules outreach
- Creates and distributes weekly cost and result comparison reports to leadership
- Ensures appropriate stewardship efforts for all campaigns
- Manages crowdfunding platform, including reviewing crowdfunding campaign requests to ensure viability and manage goal amount expectations
- Develops campaign pages within crowdfunding platform, including any relevant materials necessary for solicitation
- Selects, trains and oversees campaign ambassadors and marketing messaging
- Works with ambassadors to adjust goals and timelines as needed
- Supervises assigned staff
- Creates and manages master schedule for fund calling
- Coordinates Phonathon data-receipt and uploads per processes
- Creates, disseminates and interprets weekly Phonathon reports with appropriate staff
- Works with Phonathon staff to set goals for the program
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education in related field
Other Required Qualifications
Current, valid, and unrestricted Georgia driver’s license
Five (5) years of demonstrated fundraising experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Experience in educational advancement preferred
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to relate to a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders
- Able to network, foster relationships and collaborate with others
- Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite, CRM database, preferably Raiser?s Edge)
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
- Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
- This is a supervisory position.
- This position has financial responsibilities.
- This position will be required to drive.
- This role is not considered a position of trust.
- This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
- This position may travel 1% – 24% of the time
- Standard Enhanced
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials. https://www.usg.edu/hr/assets/hr/hrap_manual/HRAP_Background_Investigation_Employment.pdf
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.