Assistant Director of Annual Giving
Illinois Wesleyan UniversityBloomington, IL
The Assistant Director of Annual Giving is responsible for the strategy, development and execution of a comprehensive and multi-channel annual giving program. They will identify and implement creative solutions to increase unrestricted gifts to the Wesleyan Fund through various channels, such as, email, direct mail, phone and social media.
This is a full time, on-campus position. Generous benefits include health, retirement, considerable time off and tuition assistance.
Oversee solicitation strategies to niche target segments
- Develop integrated and comprehensive campaigns utilizing direct mail, email, phone, and social media
- Act as the liaison between the Office of Advancement and identified leaders in niche segments
- Provide solicitation strategies, conduct data analysis, and coaching constituents
Assist the Director of Annual Giving
- Assist with the executing annual giving appeals, including All In for Wesleyan, fiscal year end, Giving Tuesday, calendar year end and other events
- Partner with Director to develop, manage, and coordinate a multi-channel approach to cultivation, solicitation, education and stewardship
Manage all facets of our Giving Circles program
- Recruit new and manage existing Giving Circles
- Update website, steward donors, and scholarship recipients
- Provide solicitation strategies to benefactors to increase donations
Oversee student calling program
- Hire, train, and supervise student workers
- Write scripts and determine calling segments
- Analyze and report data
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of two years’ professional experience in higher education or non-profit fundraising preferred; experience in working with donor database systems
- Occasional evening and weekend hours are required for Phonathon and special events
Please download the application at www.iwu.edu/human-resources/Positions.html. Include cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. Submit to:
Illinois Wesleyan University
Human Resources, Holmes 209
1312 N. Park Street
Bloomington, IL 61701
Email: [email protected]
The final candidate will pass a pre-employment background investigation. Per the Governor’s August 26, 2021 Executive Order regarding COVID-19 vaccination, personnel in the higher education setting will need to either provide proof of vaccination, or apply for a medical/disability or religious exemption. All those not fully vaccinated will be required to participate in weekly COVID testing.
Illinois Wesleyan University does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must reside and be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire. Continued employment is conditioned upon maintaining work authorization throughout the employment term.
Illinois Wesleyan University is committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse, inclusive, and civil community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students. We seek candidates who have a demonstrated commitment to supporting and further building our community in these dimensions. Illinois Wesleyan University is an EEO Employer. Illinois Wesleyan University’s sexual misconduct policy may be accessed at https://www.iwu.edu/title-ix/sexual-misconduct-policy.html. Illinois Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusive excellence; details at www.iwu.edu/diversity.
To apply for this job please visit www.iwu.edu.