Harvard UniversityCambridge, MA
The Events Coordinator will support HKS, Dean’s Office and academic events, with specific emphasis on named lectures of the School, as well as events for the Office of the Dean and the Office of Alumni Relations and Resource Development (ARRD).
This position supports engagement of faculty, staff, students, alumni, and friends with the Harvard Kennedy School.
- Provides support to the Managing Director of Strategic Engagement and Financial Management who sets the strategy for all events.
- Supports planning and logistics for select School-wide and academic events, as well as events sponsored by the Dean’s Office and ARRD, in particular events led by the Assistant Director of Engagement.
- Works closely with Managing Director of Strategic Engagement and Financial Management on the seven endowed lectures which ARRD facilitates. This includes tracking speaker nominations, drafting invitations, and liaising with academic offices, the Dean’s office, and invited speaker’s offices as needed.
- As the events coordinator, tracks event attendance for ARRD events; serves as the first point of contact for participants; develops timelines and cost estimates; coordinates production of invitations and other electronic or printed materials; manages event logistics and program; secures proposals and estimates from and works with vendors; and provides post event reporting and schedules debriefs.
- Works with colleagues on the ARRD Communications team to create communications and event collateral.
- Drafts briefings for events. Provides event flow outlines for briefings. Works collaboratively with the Office of Communications and Public Affairs, the Dean’s Office, the Institute of Politics Forum staff and other HKS departments to ensure that efforts related to specific events are coordinated and collaborative.
- Creates online events registration, creating and maintaining websites using approved University event software. Creates marketing emails related to events using a variety of tools. Develops invitation pools utilizing the Advance database and other data sources from across the school. Tracks event attendance for all assigned events and manages reporting of attendance in Advance database post-event.
- Conducts post-event debriefs with key stakeholders, formulates recommendations for future activities and maintains planning files and notes for year-to-year tracking.
- Tracks all event budgets, provides cost-analysis and forecasting information as requested by senior staff.
- Staffs all assigned events and recruits additional staff to volunteer as appropriate, and as defined by key stakeholders and the Managing Director of Strategic Engagement and Financial Management.
- The above covers the most significant responsibilities of this position. It does not, however, exclude other duties, the inclusion of which would be in conformity with the level of the position.
- 3 years of experience in event planning and program management or donor and alumni engagement activities or comparable experience.
Additional Qualifications and Skills
- Must have a proven track record managing complex events. Knowledge of academic communities and interest in current public policy issues preferred.
- Proven ability to work across functional areas, dynamic teams and contracted vendors.
- Strong knowledge of MS office suite, experience with web and email technology, experience using databases, ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to work nights and weekends and travel as needed is required.
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net.
- Next s