Development Assistant, Alumni Engagement
Harvard Medical SchoolBoston, MA
The Development Assistant is a member of the Alumni Engagement team responsible for performing a wide range of complex and confidential duties to support the Alumni Council, annual giving, Reunions, student engagement, and team day-to-day business including: administrative duties, data maintenance, alumni and donor reporting and analysis.
The Development Assistant will report to the Managing Director of Engagement and Annual Giving and work closely with the Managing Director of Alumni Affairs and Development and the Associate Director of Marketing and Special Projects on specific projects. They may also partner with other HMS department administrators, alumni leaders, faculty, and staff on program efforts. They will anticipate and resolve problems; create and maintain project management strategies, timelines, and organizational systems for new and existing projects; regularly update supervisor and stakeholders on project status.
- Interface with alumni and donors on HMS activities including: Alumni Council, Reunion and Alumni Day programming, giving, volunteerism, and general inquiries and information requests.
- Work closely with Managing Director to administer Alumni Council business for three meetings annually. Prepare draft slides and meeting materials. Arrange hotel block and assist Council members with travel reimbursements for meetings.
Partner on Projects including:
- Support Slate Committee work to facilitate the election process and logistics.
- Working with the Managing Director of Alumni Affairs and Development, prepare and distribute reports for the Chair of Alumni Giving.
- Partner with colleagues to assist in the management and execution of projects such as the Recruitment and Mentoring Program and the Alumni Awards program.
- Support the work of Appointed Directors to the Harvard Alumni Association as needed.
- Support student engagement program activities including: developing and managing student volunteer and graduating student surveys, photo session organization, informational session meeting support, graduating student data updates, and graduation gift procurement.
- Partner with the Managing Director(s) on activities supporting alumni giving, volunteer management, and engagement to include: reporting, giving analysis, and activities as appropriate.
- Partner with the Associate Director of Marketing and Special Events to support: Reunion Report program, direct marketing and communications activities related to giving and engagement, and analysis of direct marketing efforts.
- Perform data entry in Advance database for events, meetings, and outreach; list pulls from Qlikview for projects and data analysis; and utilize AAD Portal applications for various activities.
- May participate in department, interdepartmental, and university-wide initiatives that contribute to Alumni Relations or event-related engagement work as needed.
- May compile and analyze data to assess alumni engagement or project ROI.
- Research and report on engagement and fundraising benchmarking among peers.
- Working with the Special Events team, as needed, to help support Reunion and Alumni Day registrations. Assist in processing online and phone registrations including: credit card and check processing, reimbursement, and support on-site registration.
- Support data management to include: alumni record updates, coordination with the Research and Development Technology teams to review data integrity, and management of Class listservs.
- Processes invoices, credit card reimbursements, and P-Card expenses. Reconciles expenses on a monthly basis to ensure expenses are processed in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three or more years of related experience. Education beyond high school may count towards experience.
Additional Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment with multiple and conflicting interests.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Professionalism and organization are required.
- Ability to handle complex and confidential information with discretion.
- Basic Microsoft Office skills required, familiarity with databases (Advance), event registration software, and HTML, a plus.
- Sense of humor a plus.
This position is based in Boston and some in-person on-campus work will be required, and flexible/remote work is an option. Any remote work must be performed in a state in which Harvard is registered to do business (CA*, CT, GA, IL, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, RI, VA, VT, and WA). Individual flexible and remote work options for this role will be discussed during the interview process. *Note: Harvard employees working in California must be exempt.
The University requires all Harvard community members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and remain up to date with COVID-19 vaccine boosters, as detailed in Harvard’s Vaccine & Booster Requirements. Individuals may claim exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons. More information regarding the University’s COVID vaccination requirement, exemptions, and verification of vaccination status may be found at the University’s “COVID-19 Vaccine Information” webpage: http://www.harvard.edu/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine-information/.
Please note that we are currently conducting a majority of interviews and onboarding remotely and virtually. We appreciate your understanding.
Harvard University offers an outstanding benefits package including:
- Time Off: 3 – 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 12.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
- Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
- Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
- Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, incredibly affordable classes directly at the Harvard Extension School, and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
- Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
- Wellness Options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation, and complementary health services.
- Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events, and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
The Harvard Medical School is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.