Annual Giving Manager, Campus Philanthropy
Grand Valley State UniversityAllendale, MI
As a member of the Annual Giving staff, the Annual Giving Manager will provide direction to re-launch philanthropic programming on the GVSU campus and oversee university-wide collaborative initiatives with an emphasis on educating, engaging, cultivating, and soliciting students, faculty/staff, retirees, and parents. This position will be responsible for providing direction on communications, events/activities, and annual giving appeals that enhance giving from these campus stakeholders.
- Develop and execute philanthropic programs, communications, and solicitations for key campus constituencies including students, faculty/staff, retirees, and parents.
- Manage and support fundraising projects for student organizations and other on-campus philanthropic programs through the GVSU crowdfunding site.
- Provide fundraising education and support for student organizations and other on-campus groups.
- Assist in the development of a Student Philanthropy initiative to train students to be ambassadors for the university in both digital and in-person ways.
- Recruit and manage volunteer groups including the Faculty/Staff Campaign cabinet, parent groups, and the Student Philanthropy group.
- Work in collaboration with Senior Director to manage budget expenses for on-campus fundraising programs.
- Collaborate on annual giving appeals via crowdfunding, phone, mail, email, and social media.
- Host meetings and events for both internal and external audiences.
- Some travel, weekend, and evening work may be required.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2-3 years of professional experience in volunteer management, annual giving, marketing, or frontline fundraising in either a non-profit or higher education setting.
- Must be able to lift, move, and transport boxes weighing 10-20 lbs.
- Candidates must be committed to GVSU’s vision of inclusion and equity.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES PREFERRED
- Master’s degree in Non-Profit Management, Public Administration Education, or Business Administration.
- High degree of writing proficiency and computer programs including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and database tools.
- Experience leading or organizing teams or volunteers.
- Familiarity with CRM database software (ex. Blackbaud, Salesforce, Ellucian Advance)
- Experience with digital or annual giving fundraising.
- Experience in higher education
- Experience integrating/applying changing technologies to deliver effective messaging.
- Works well independently, but also works well in a team environment.
Normal office environment. Some travel may be required.
Physical Demands: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individual currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.gvsu.edu.