Assistant Director of Annual & Affinity Giving
Goucher CollegeBaltimore, MD
About Goucher College:
Since its founding in 1885, Goucher College has been a place of innovation and excellence. As a private liberal arts college, Goucher is dedicated to teaching students to be complex problem-solvers prepared for the jobs of the future. Small class sizes, a rigorous curriculum, and dedicated faculty and staff allow for personalized mentorship for each student. Named one of the most innovative colleges in the country by U.S. News & World Report, Goucher is a leader in global education and was one of the first colleges in the country to offer 100% study abroad. Approximately 1,100 undergraduate and 900 graduate students form the close-knit and vibrant Goucher community.
Reporting to the Director of Annual & Affinity Giving, the Assistant Director will engage constituents of the college community (alumni, parents, students, and friends) to support the College’s financial annual fund goals. This position’s main responsibilities include: assisting the director with creating a data-driven, strategic annual giving calendar of communications and events and providing oversight of the affinity giving programs and management of reunion fundraising.
Their main responsibilities will include fundraising for the college’s affinity groups including running the reunion program “Rally for Reunion” and working with alumnae/i volunteers, managing the solicitations with the library, oversight of the faculty & staff campaign and supporting the efforts of the graduate alumni engagement and fundraising. In addition, this position will support of the director through data and metric management of annual giving goals, management of a student staff member, assisting with other annual programing including athletic support and giving days throughout the fiscal year. This candidate will support the fundraising efforts of additional campaigns including the Imani Fund, The Janet Cane Fisher Fund and others as they arise.
Required: Bachelor’s degree
Required: One year of fundraising experience in digital and direct mail solicitations.
Preferred: Two years of progressive fundraising experience in higher education and experience working with data management, and/or annual giving experience. Success in previous development roles.
Salary Range:$49,824 – $58,616
- Oversight of the affinity giving campaigns including: library fundraising (Friends of the Library (FOL)), faculty & staff campaign, parent giving and graduate program fundraising.
- Management of the college’s reunion giving efforts “Rally for Reunion” creating and implementing the strategy around reunion giving. This position is responsible for managing the reunion volunteers, the Class Fund Managers, and collaborating with alumnae/i engagement on communications regarding reunion fundraising and programing.
- Assist the director of annual and affinity giving in developing and executing annual fundraising strategies including annual appeals, events, peer solicitation, direct mail, e-mail, phonathon contact and support leading the colleges one-day giving events. Develop creative strategies and utilize best practices based on industry-practice research for higher-ed fundraising. Support additional strategic campaigns as they arise and assist with campus giving days.
- Assist with the management of a student employee, some travel and night and weekend work to support the larger office of advancement events and engagement as well as larger college wide initiatives.
- Participate in school-wide activities and initiatives to help deepen the qualified candidate’s understanding of the needs/impacts across the college campus to inform fundraising communications, and to share information about the Greater Goucher Fund and integration of philanthropy into community-wide initiatives. Attend divisional and campus-wide meetings to represent annual giving and advancement.
Goucher College is always on the lookout for top talent, resourceful, innovative, and dedicated individuals who will keep the College at the forefront of extraordinary education. As one of the nation’s most progressive, innovative institutions of higher learning, we offer outstanding professional advantages, generous benefits, excellent perks, and a great work location!
The review of applications will begin immediately.
Please submit the following application materials online:
- Cover letter
- Contact information for three professional references
Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the USA. No Visa sponsorship is offered for this position.
Goucher College is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit www.interviewexchange.com.