Director, Alumni Relations and GSA Fund
George Stevens AcademyBlue Hill, ME
George Stevens Academy, an independent high school in Blue Hill committed to educating students from surrounding towns, seeks an enterprising applicant to serve as Director of Alumni Relations and the GSA Fund. This is a year-round position with benefits.
The new Alumni Relations and GSA Fund Director will play a key role in building the next chapter of GSA’s future by strengthening existing relationships with alumni, parents, and friends of GSA and building new ones. Working both independently and as part of the Advancement Team, the Director will develop initiatives to increase both participation in the GSA Fund and total dollars raised. The Director will chair the Development Committee and be a pivotal leader for annual GSA events, including Giving Day, the Duane Gray ’64 Golf Tournament, the Senior Class Gift, and Class Reunions.
This is a key role in building the next chapter of GSA’s future.
- The Director strengthens existing relationships with alumni, parents, and friends of GSA and builds new ones.
- The Director, both independently and as part of the Advancement Team, develops initiatives to progressively increase participation in the GSA Fund and total dollars raised, laying a pipeline for future philanthropic giving to the school.
- The Director, working with internal constituents, including GSA trustees and parents, chairs the Development Committee.
- The Director is a pivotal leader in planning and overseeing annual GSA events, including Giving Day, the Duane Gray ’64 Golf Tournament, the Senior Class Gift, and Class Reunions.
- The Alumni Relations and GSA Fund Director reports to the Director of Advancement and collaborates closely with GSA administrators, trustees, faculty, and students.
The Alumni Relations and GSA Fund Director will:
- Possess excellent communications skills (both written and oral).
- Demonstrate strategic thinking across multiple channels simultaneously, for example, direct and volunteer solicitation, print and electronic direct marketing, social media.
- Connect enthusiastically with people across generations (alumni come in all ages!)
- Be proficient in basic office software, including word processing, email, spreadsheets. (Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge and Apple, Microsoft and Google products will be a plus, but on-job training is also possible.)
- Be able to update Alumni and GSA Fund web pages.
- Be able to create for-print pieces (appeals cards, solicitations, brochures, letters etc.).
- Understand industry best practices for philanthropic efforts in education; be eager to embrace professional development opportunities.
- Be willing to work occasionally on weekends and nights as required for events and donor engagements, both on campus and off. Light travel—including overnight travel—is sometimes required, both locally and out of state.
- Gather and publish alumni data for reunions, class gift, class notes, profile updates, events.
- Supervise and support alumni volunteer programs.
- Recruit and manage alumni Class Agents.
Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree, exemplary personal relations skills, and work experience that demonstrates proven success in effectively setting and achieving goals.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, résumé, and three letters of reference to Rada Starkey, Director of Advancement, at [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit www.georgestevensacademy.org.