Florida State University FoundationTallahassee, FL
The Gift Specialist, Gift Services contributes to the integrity, maintenance and management of advancement information through gift and membership entry, gift and membership research, analysis of data, reporting, data entry, and clerical support within the Gift Services unit. The Gift Specialist is expected to uphold and exemplify the operating practices and mission of the Foundation and Alumni Association Gift Services.
Analyze, Research and Record Gifts, Memberships, and Event Registrations
Uses a variety of resources to identify donors/members and their relationships, with mindfulness of the tax, donor/member stewardship and reporting implications of their work. Maintains knowledge of basic tax code for charitable contributions, as well as guidelines established by the Council for Advancement and Support of Education. Reviews and analyzes data for accuracy, logic and relevance. Creates and updates donor database records. Performs queries and exports/imports in the database. Reconciles financial data in a variety of formats to ensure cohesive bookkeeping with the accounting database. Enters a variety of gift, membership, or event data with high level of accuracy and efficiency. Protects confidential information. Scans gift documentation.
Edit and Proofread
Merges critical data into spreadsheet or word processing documents. Edits donor acknowledgement letters, pledge reminders and other correspondence, personalizing based on the complexity of the gift to continue the cycle of stewardship and future gifts to FSU.
Donor and Customer Service
Communicates effectively directly with fundraisers, campus contacts and donors. Corresponds with high level of written and verbal proficiency.
Other Duties as Required
Performs simple gift or membership projects as assigned by Assistant Director or Senior Director. Maintains information in a variety of formats including network files and digital images.
High school diploma/equivalent and four years of experience, to include one year working in a fiscal environment. (Note: post-high school education can substitute for experience at the equivalent rate.)
- Commitment to best practices of equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Excellent organizational, customer service, and communication skills.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office products suite (Excel, Outlook, Word), or equivalent software.
- Experience prioritizing, organizing and performing multiple work assignments simultaneously and in a detail-oriented environment.
- Strong math and language skills, to include the use of proper spelling and grammar.
- Ability to handle confidential, sensitive information with the highest degree of professionalism.
- *Applicants must upload a cover letter & resume with their online application.*
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Ability to understand complex concepts.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working in a fiscal environment.
- Ability to process complex financial data with a high level of accuracy.
A skills test is required upon interview.
This job opening serves to recruit for two identical positions.
One of the nation’s elite research universities, Florida State University preserves, expands, and disseminates knowledge in the sciences, technology, arts, humanities, and professions, while embracing a philosophy of learning strongly rooted in the traditions of the liberal arts and critical thinking. Founded in 1851, Florida State University is the oldest continuous site of higher education in Florida. FSU is a community steeped in tradition that fosters research, encourages creativity, and embraces diversity. At FSU, there’s the excitement of being part of a vibrant academic and professional community, surrounded by people whose ideas are shaping tomorrow’s news!
Equal Employment Opportunity:
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
To apply for this job please visit foundation.fsu.edu.