Annual Giving Development Coordinator
Florida State University FoundationTallahassee, FL
The Annual Giving Development Coordinator will oversee young alumni solicitation strategies, retention initiatives, annual giving stewardship, and the matching gifts program to ensure goals are met.
- Matching Gifts Program: Oversee that the matching gift software is being used effectively. Create, oversee, and assess targeted matching gift campaigns. Provide a balance system that ensures all donors who searched for matching gifts are either qualified or not. Follow-up with donors who have indicated, or that the software indicates, they work for a matching gift company – including spouses. Provide donors with appropriate information and guidelines to make the match process as effortless as possible. Work with Gift Services and the Office of Advancement Relations to create a digital stewardship report that can then be promoted to donors. Market matching gift opportunities via various outlets, including social media, email campaigns, and annual fund letters.
- Young Alumni Giving: Develop and implement a creative and engaging solicitation strategy for young alumni. Increase donor participation among the young alumni population, year-over year. Coordinate with other university and foundation partners to leverage young alumni programs to increase giving amounts and participation. Increase re-occurring gift participation.
- First-Time Donor Retention: Create, implement, and analyze results for a first-time donor retention solicitation that is focused on engagement, stewardship, and building a philanthropic relationship. This includes using traditional channels, such as direct mail and email, while also embracing newer technologies including texting, video, and other digital channels. Coordinate with other departments in the Foundation to maximize efforts towards retaining first-time donors.
- Customer Service and Department Support: Serve as the Annual Giving liaison for stewardship related activities and programming. Serve as the primary contact for all Annual Giving customer service related issues. Address donor and prospect inquiries in a timely and accurate manner. Monitor the annual giving inbox, voicemail, and provides back-up support as needed to the Annual Giving team.
- Annual Giving Stewardship: Oversees all Annual Giving stewardship. This includes personalized messages to leadership annual giving donors and overseeing the mass stewardship via text, broadcast voicemail, mail and email.
Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience; or a high school diploma/equivalent and experience equal to six years. (Note: post-high school education can substitute for experience at the equivalent rate
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office products suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word), or equivalent software.
- A self-starter, comfortable working independently while working well in a team-oriented environment, taking the initiative to be productive and efficient.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously and accurately in a detail-oriented environment.
- Ability to handle confidential, sensitive information with the highest degree of professionalism.
Applicants must upload a resume with their online application.
- Experience with Black Baud’s CRM Platform or other fundraising information management.
- Team work approach and a can-do, assertive philosophy.
One of the nation’s elite research universities, Florida State University preserves, expands, and disseminates knowledge in the sciences, technology, arts, humanities, and professions, while embracing a philosophy of learning strongly rooted in the traditions of the liberal arts and critical thinking. Founded in 1851, Florida State University is the oldest continuous site of higher education in Florida. FSU is a community steeped in tradition that fosters research, encourages creativity, and embraces diversity. At FSU, there’s the excitement of being part of a vibrant academic and professional community, surrounded by people whose ideas are shaping tomorrow’s news!
Equal Employment Opportunity:
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
To apply for this job please visit foundation.fsu.edu.