Vice President of Development
Florida International UniversityMiami, FL
Provides dynamic leadership and direction for all areas of fundraising within the FIU Foundation. Aligns University Advancement, the Foundation, and the community with the institution’s core mission and goals, developing, managing, and leading the engagement of alumni, parents, and friends of the institution towards philanthropic support of FIU. Fosters a culture of philanthropic eminence that leads staff and fundraising performance toward new heights while developing sustainable structures, partnerships, and programming. Creates vision, sets strategic direction, and works closely with Foundation leadership to plan and execute overarching strategies for development and institutional philanthropy.
- Works with the SVP/CEO, and manages fundraising for both central and unit-based teams. Establishes annual fundraising goals including identification of strategic priorities and tactical work plans to support goals. Creates and directs overall fundraising strategy, philosophy, and methodology for the institution. Responsible for expansion of FIU’s overall donor base, growth and infrastructure, and successful leveraging of external partnerships and alliances.
- Works closely with the Chief Alumni Officer and other members of senior leadership to set goals to ensure growth, expansion, and implementation of alumni fundraising programming across the institution.
- Works closely with President, Sr Vice President, Volunteer Leadership, and university executive leadership on initiatives and efforts to advance the University’s regional, national, and international reputation as a top urban research university. Creates vision and provides oversight for Principal and Major Gifts, Middle and Annual Giving to ensure that a continuum of relationship-building strategies is donor-centered and highly collaborative within the entire Division and enterprise.
- Oversees a comprehensive, data-driven outreach and communication strategy, in collaboration with Office of the President, Office of the Provost, Governmental Relations, Office of Engagement and Office of Regional and World Locations to enhance metrics, rankings, and impact that drive and sustain enterprise growth and highest standards of quality.
- Leads and innovates the strategy and execution of the Presidential suites as a cultivation and stewardship vehicle for our high-net-worth donors and prospects. Assists Sr. VP in management of prospects for university President.
- Serves as the executive sponsor for the vision and execution of a best-in-class Development Onboarding structure and Advancement talent management framework that will enhance overall process and program effectiveness.
- In conjunction with the Sr. Vice President and CEO of the FIU Foundation, co-creates fiscal strategy and annual fiscal plans. Oversees budget allocations and spending for the Office of Development and Innovation Philanthropy.
- Leads the cultivation of a culture of philanthropy to support a healthy one team culture, cross communications, and foundation-university collaboration. Models and leads an ethos of servant leadership in support of the Foundation as a Direct Supporting Organization of the greater University.
- Represents the FIU Foundation at Foundation Board of Director meetings (Committee and Sub-Committee) and Presidential Retreats and/or Strategic Planning Sessions as required. Attends SVP fundraising briefing sessions with the university President as required. Partners with the SVP on developing detailed fundraising plans and on progress towards mutually agreed-upon goals and objectives. Provides regular reports on development activities to Sr. Vice President. Works collaboratively with center and unit-based fundraising teams on developing volunteer development committees and campaign committees as required.
- Works closely with academic partners in supporting and developing comprehensive annual development and campaign plans. Partners with the SVP in developing annual plans to support and bolster fundraising. Works to align the objectives of the Foundation with the mission and objectives of the University.
- Serves as a University card user for departmental transactions. Adheres to University credit card policies and procedures
Master’s degree in an appropriate specialization and eight years of experience; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate specialization and ten years of experience.
- At least 10 years of progressive fundraising and advancement experience.
- Demonstrated track record of building and motivating high performance teams, work collaboratively across departmental/divisional lines, and influence others to do the same.
- Ability to interact with a diverse leadership group, including deans, vice presidents and other members of the leadership team and the university community.
To apply for this job please visit pslinks.fiu.edu.