Director of Major Gifts and Stewardship
Ensworth SchoolNashville, TN
Under the guidance of the Director of Institutional Advancement and Director of Development, the Director of Major Gifts and Stewardship will play a crucial role in fostering and enhancing Ensworth School’s culture of philanthropy across all constituencies. This position entails identifying and cultivating relationships with potential major donors, actively managing a portfolio of prospects, and collaborating with various stakeholders to implement effective fundraising plans. Additionally, the Director of Major Gifts and Stewardship will be responsible for managing and implementing a comprehensive stewardship plan to ensure the ongoing engagement and appreciation of donors.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Commit to the ideals expressed in Ensworth’s Mission Statement, Vision Statement, and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement.
Major Gifts Responsibilities:
- Prospect Research: Conduct prospect research to identify, qualify, and assess potential major donors, providing critical insights to inform outreach and solicitation strategies.
- Portfolio Management: Develop annual visitation, solicitation, and revenue goals in coordination with the Director of Institutional Advancement and Director of Development.
- Annual Giving Strategy: Collaborate with the Director of Development to implement an annual giving strategy with a specific focus on cultivating and building a robust pipeline for major gift prospects
- Relationship Building: Initiate and build long-term relationships with individuals capable of making significant contributions to Ensworth. This includes current parents, past parents, alumni, and grandparents.
- Comprehensive Stewardship: Manage, refine, and implement a comprehensive stewardship plan that includes personalized acknowledgment, recognition, and ongoing communication with donors to ensure a positive and enduring relationship with the School.
- Event Support: Provide support for current parent, past parent, alumni, and grandparent engagement events and programs to enhance donor relationships.
- Database Integrity: Ensure the accuracy and integrity of information in the Raiser’s Edge database, maintaining up-to-date visit reports, stages, strategies, and tasks relevant to assigned prospects.
- Attend all Institutional Advancement meetings and events as appropriate, fostering a collaborative environment with colleagues, administrators, and high-level volunteers.
- Abide by Ensworth’s Employee Handbook and Code of Conduct, maintaining the highest standards of professionalism and ethical behavior.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, or comparable work experience.
- Prior major gift fundraising experience required; experience in NAIS-accredited independent schools or nonprofit environments preferred.
- Experience working with volunteers and campaign leadership.
- Demonstrated energy, enthusiasm, and focus to achieve established fundraising and participation goals.
- Proven ability to handle highly confidential personal and financial information.
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Positive engagement with the Ensworth community, including faculty/staff, parents, trustees, and alumni.
- Aptitude for efficiently meeting deadlines and managing multiple projects concurrently.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and Google Suite.
- Knowledge of relational donor database software (Raiser’s Edge & RE NXT).
- Continued Education Programs (as required by Grade Level and/or position) – Periodically participate in different training sessions identified by you, the employee and/or Divisional Leadership/Supervisor with the goal of keeping our teachers and staff up to date with current teaching methods, practices and any new knowledge in their respective field. Depending on the program, such training may need to take place outside of normal working hours and/or in the summer months.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.