Director of Annual Giving
Emory & Henry CollegeEmory, VA
Reporting to the Vice President for Advancement, this position is responsible for securing unrestricted and restricted current-use gifts through direct-mail, phone and electronic solicitations from Emory and Henry alumni, friends and parents.
Direct Solicitation: Develop and execute a comprehensive annual giving program to secure unrestricted and restricted current-use gifts.
- Draft direct-mail solicitations from the President, Vice President and/or Trustees and other volunteers and work with outside vendors to send these to alumni, friends and parents.
- Recruit and supervise student callers for the phonathon program.
- Draft and send electronic solicitations as part of an overall annual giving plan.
- For each of these, collaborate with Advancement and Communications and Marketing Colleagues on datasets, institutional brand and key messages.
- Works with the Vice President for Advancement and Advancement colleagues to identify and implement strategies for increasing membership in the Patrick Henry Society and other leadership recognition societies.
Managing Data: Effectively manage alumni and donor data in Raiser’s Edge NXT.
- Pull most datasets for direct solicitations.
- Pull reports regarding the performance of the annual giving program (e.g., donor acquisition, donor retention, etc.).
Prospect Coordination: Work closely with the Vice President and major and planned giving colleagues on any and all solicitations to Trustees and major giving prospects to ensure that these are more personal and are carefully coordinated with or are a part of major giving solicitations.
- Contribute to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional relationships with colleagues, attending professional development seminars, and attending training and/or courses as required by the President or Vice President for Advancement.
- Contributes to the overall success of the institution by performing other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Three to five years of experience in annual giving or direct marketing in a non-profit setting.
- Experience in higher education preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
- Familiarity with a fundraising or direct marketing database required; familiarity with Raiser’s Edge NXT preferred.
- Superlative writing skills.
- Ability to relate effectively to donors, alumni, colleagues and students.
- Ability to multi-task and advance multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
To apply for this job please visit myhub.ehc.edu.