Director, Leadership & Annual Giving
DePaul UniversityChicago, IL
The Director of Leadership Annual Giving reports to the Senior Director of Annual and Leadership Annual Giving and is responsible for increasing leadership annual giving activity from alumni and friends of DePaul University. The director will manage a portfolio and initiate gift strategies, cultivates, and solicit prospects through personal outreach and written communication. This position manages the leadership annual giving team and oversees implementation of strategic approaches to increase membership in the 1898 Society, DePaul’s leadership annual giving society. All these efforts will be done in support of DePaul’s goal of increasing alumni participation and building a pipeline of donors to the university.
What You’ll Do:
- Individual giving and solicitation. Actively manages a prospect portfolio with annual goals for visits, personal contacts, and giving outcomes (donors and dollars). Implements appropriate identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies in securing leadership annual gifts of $1,000 or more to increase membership into the 1898 Society over previous year. Upgrades individual donors to ensure their membership in the 1898 Society. Articulates the case for support with effectiveness; communicate the priorities, goals and mission of the university and solicit feedback for improved alumni/donor relationships. Works with Advancement staff who secure gifts of $1,000 or more to ensure department-wide engagement of 1898 Society as a tool to engage donors and prospects.
- Management. Oversees and manage all leadership annual giving officers goals and success for visits, outreach, and giving outcomes. Create a collaborative, energetic, and dynamic team through honest feedback, staff appraisal and mentor ship. Partners with the Senior Director of Annual and Special Giving and the Donor Relations and Communications teams to ensure high quality and efficient communication and stewardship to all members of 1898 Society. Oversees the recruitment and training of any potential new leadership annual giving officers, as well as ongoing training with current staff.
- Strategy. In partnership with the Senior Director, develops and implements an annual plan to achieve donor and dollar goals for membership in the 1898 Society and build a pipeline of philanthropic support for DePaul in coordination with the yearly Annual & Special Giving plan. Develops and implements strategies related to securing leadership challenges for signature DePaul giving opportunities (e.g.Blue Demon Challenge, others). Works closely with the prospect management and research team to assess criteria for identifying and assigning leadership annual giving prospects. Uses date from Advance to create reports to help identify trends and inform strategy.
- Supervise three direct reports, including all hiring, performance, portfolio management and professional development responsibilities.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and experience.
- 5-7 years of individual giving experience.
- 2-4 years of management experience.
- A proven track record of securing financial support from a diverse base of donors
- Requires flexible working hours including evening and weekend work.
- Working for a stable and well-known University that values diversity and inclusion.
- Top choice medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Retirement plan matching contribution of 10%.
- Tuition waivers for employees and dependents.
- Generous paid time off, sick time, holidays, floating holidays, and more!
- Full-Time Benefits
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net.
- Next s