Director of Mission Advancement
Congregation of the Sisters of St. Joseph of BostonBrighton, MA
The Director of Mission Advancement for the Congregation of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Boston is responsible for the philanthropic strategic planning and development of a donor centric program inclusive of major donors, foundations, annual fund, and events. The Director manages a team that is responsible for the development and implementation of a program that actively invites donor engagement. The Director of Mission Advancement must have an understanding or willingness to develop understanding of the mission, charism and vision of the Sisters of St. Joseph and the ability to support the mission in all relationships with donors, foundations, and events.
- Partners with the CSJ Leadership Team to initiate a high-performing, best practice development program.
- Conceptualizes, designs, and implements both near-term and long-term strategic plans for sustainable and integrated philanthropy.
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with the CSJ Leadership Team, Sisters, Associates and Agrégées.
- Guides the CSJ Leadership Team as funding influencers, engaging with key external funders to advance the mission of the CSJ’s.
- Collaborates with the Director of Communications in aligning mission advancement priorities and mission expression.
- Collaborates with the Director of Communications to expand the CSJ Boston digital fundraising presence through emerging social media channels, digital media, and other online channels.
- Coordinates and collaborates with the CSJ Leadership Team to identify and prioritize needs and implements strategic plans to raise funds to support the priorities of the CSJ mission.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to optimize connections between prospects and donors of the CSJ, resulting in sustainable philanthropic relationships.
- Manages a portfolio of the top-level individual prospects.
- Develops a compelling case for support for donors and prospects that articulates the mission and needs of the CSJ’s and the opportunity to positively influence their work within the community and the long-term needs of the sisters.
- Designs plans for effective, targeted donor events and stewardship of relationships.
- Participates in workshops, seminars and maintains active membership in professional organizations and in the gathering of the CSSJ Federation Advancement Directors.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the CSJ Leadership within reasonable expectations of this position.
Standard Management Level Responsibilities
- Manages assigned Mission Advancement Office personnel including performance evaluations, orientation, and training. Makes recommendations on employee hires, promotions, salary changes, discipline, terminations, and similar actions. Resolves grievances and other personnel problems within position responsibilities.
- Develops and recommends the budgets and manages activities to assure financial goals are met.
- Provides effective direction, guidance, and leadership to the Mission Advancement Office staff for effective teamwork and motivation.
- Ensures that there is adequate equipment and supplies for Department.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in major gift solicitation and stewardship
- Demonstrated fundraising success in one-to-one solicitations and relationship building
- Strategic planning ability with vision and leadership qualities
- Excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with fundraising software
- Proven ability to make decisions, work independently, and as a team player
- Ability to handle confidential information in a sensitive and secure manner
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 – $115,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brighton, MA 02135: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fundraising: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: In person
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.