Assistant Director of Digital Communications
Creighton UniversityOmaha, NE
At Creighton, you are part of something big. Your skills and passions unite with thousands of faculty, staff, and students inspired to change the world. Here, we offer meaningful work driven by a 475-year-old Jesuit tradition committed to social justice and serving others. Through this tradition, we push the boundaries of innovation. We pursue new knowledge for the betterment of society. We seek to improve our world through Catholic and Jesuit values. And it all starts with you.
We are hiring an Assistant Director of Digital Communications. Reporting to the Director of Advancement Communications, the Assistant Director of Digital Communications supports University Relations (UR) alumni engagement and fundraising efforts through the design and implementation of email communications, social media and other online programs. In this role, you will serve as the day-to-day lead for email marketing, focusing on creating email campaigns designed to connect graduates and friends with their areas of interest at Creighton.
- Works closely with the Advancement Communications Team (ACT) to ensure compliance with industry policies and best practices, analyze email performance and adjust strategies as needed.
- Serves as the communications liaison to the Prospect Management and Data Services team, supporting data integration efforts and partnering on online event registration pages to ensure alignment with event communications goals.
- Manages Creighton alumni social media platforms in alignment with UR’s annual goals.
- Responsible for social media planning, content creation, scheduling/posting and interaction with users.
- In consultation with ACT, develops strategies, sets KPIs, creates toolkits for fundraising campaigns and monitors the success of social media campaigns.
- Maintains positive working relationships with all UR departments, University Communications, select campus partners and digital vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in digital communications, marketing, fundraising or related fields.
- Proficient in email marketing platforms.
- Experience with online content management systems, including familiarity with event registration and online giving forms.
- Experience with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.) and use of these platforms for communications and fundraising.
- Experience using digital measurement tools (Sprout Social, Hootsuite, Facebook Analytics, Google Analytics, email campaign metrics, etc.), with ability to analyze and help inform content strategies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite programs.
- Working knowledge of HTML, WordPress, and SEO.
- Familiarity with fundraising database software is preferred.
- Strong organization, communication, attention to detail, and ability to manage complex projects within deadlines.
- Ability to establish priorities, exercise initiative, work proactively, and accept responsibility in completing work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Creighton University is committed to providing a safe and non-discriminatory educational and employment environment. The University admits qualified students, hires qualified employees and accepts patients for treatment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or other status protected by law. Its education and employment policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other programs and activities, are administered without unlawful discrimination.
This description describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Regular, reliable attendance is an essential function and all employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor. Employees may also be required to work in excess of normal working hours as workloads and seasonal activities necessitate. A complete description is available in the Human Resource office located at 3006 Webster Street Omaha, NE. Creighton University reserves the right to modify duties, responsibilities and activities at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this job please visit phxc1b.rfer.us.