Advancement & Admissions Communications Manager
Colby-Sawyer CollegeNew London, NH
Who We Are:
Colby-Sawyer College is a comprehensive liberal arts-based institution located in the scenic Lake Sunapee area of New Hampshire. We have friendly people, beautiful nature, and small-town amenities and shops. We are located about 35 minutes south of Dartmouth College and just 1 hour 30 minutes from Boston.
We strive to always be a people-first organization. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working environment for all employees. If you are looking for a place where you will feel welcome and that you belong, Colby-Sawyer College is that place.
Colby-Sawyer is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the institution. Applicants are encouraged to share what they can offer and how they can help us to achieve and maintain these values in their cover letter.
Working closely with the Vice President for College Advancement and the Vice President of Admissions & Financial Aid (through a dotted line report), develop and carry out communications and marketing strategies designed to engage external constituencies.
For the Advancement Division, work with the Vice President to develop messaging directed at Colby-Sawyer donors, friends, alumni and parents. Create content designed to engage these audiences, connect them to the institutional mission, and encourage their support of and participation in the life of the college. Working with the Vice President for Admissions & Financial Aid and the Director of Admissions, plan and prepare email campaigns for prospective students and their families, ensuring that the messaging complements content generated by the Marketing & Communications team.
Ensure that all communication is goal-driven, accurately branded, integrated and supportive of the college’s initiatives. Contribute to college-wide marketing efforts through content creation that can be used across platforms.
- Coordinate and produce print, digital and social media communications to alumni, parents and friends of the College that originate from the Offices of Development and Alumni Relations.
- Develop and execute social media strategy for the Offices of Development and Alumni Relations. Produce photo/video content and/or written content to be used to support marketing and social media channels managed by the Office of Communication and the Office of Admissions.
- Working with the Vice President for Admissions & Financial Aid and the Director of Admissions, plan and prepare email campaigns for prospective graduate students and undergraduate students and their families.
- Periodically review admissions & financial aid email campaigns, ensuring accuracy and consistency in messaging.
- Collaborate with admissions staff members to time delivery of content with key points in the admissions cycle; coordinate with team members to relate email messaging to social media, etc.
- Develop facility with the email marketing tools used by admissions and advancement in order to build templates, develop the look and feel of messaging, etc.
- Collaborate with the Director of Annual Giving to create and design Colby-Sawyer Fund communications.
- Write copy, including alumni and donor profiles, for Colby-Sawyer Magazine, the Colby-Sawyer website, and other publications as needed.
- Review and suggest revisions for the Alumni, Giving, and Adventures in Learning sections of the college website.
- Work closely with IT staff and admissions to confirm audiences for messages
- Staff and provide planning/operational support for events. These include Homecoming, Presidents Alumni Advisory Council meetings, admissions programs, etc.
- Under direction of the Office of Marketing and Communications, ensure that advancement and admissions communications comply with the Colby-Sawyer style guide and meet editorial expectations.
- Supervise student workers as needed
- With others, coordinate and advise student volunteers, including the college’s Presidential Blue Key Society and the Advancement Office Student Ambassador program. Recruit, select, and manage ambassadors, assigning projects that best fit their skill sets, developing the group into a team, and providing opportunities for leadership and professional growth.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Two to four years of communications, social media or marketing experience in fast-paced, customer-oriented environment.
- Well-developed communication and writing skills required, experience with photography or video production preferred.
- Familiarity with mass email marketing platforms, customer relationship management software, and other communications software platforms strongly preferred.
- An enthusiasm for embracing new strategies and an openness to new ideas.
- The ability to prioritize and to juggle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- A commitment to diversity and an appreciation for the goals and objectives of small, liberal arts colleges.
Please email your application to [email protected] including the following:
- Letter of application
- Current CV
- Names and telephone numbers/e-mail addresses of three references
- Salary expectations
Candidates who can actively contribute to racial, ethnic, or cultural diversity on campus are encouraged to include this information in the cover letter.
Review of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Colby-Sawyer College is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment which celebrates multiple perspectives. Colby-Sawyer College will not tolerate discrimination in employment or employment-related decisions on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, mental or physical disability, family or marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, or gender identity.
To apply for this job please visit colby-sawyer.edu.
- Next s