Leadership Annual Giving Officer
Clark UniversityWorcester, MA
Clark University seeks a results-oriented individual to join a strategic team of professionals in its annual giving program, The Clark Fund. Currently a $2.6 million per year program, the Clark Fund seeks significant growth as the University works toward advancing its fundraising operation. Under leadership of the Executive Director of Alumni & Friends Engagement and The Clark Fund, this position will work collaboratively with the University Advancement team to solicit new and increased gifts to The Clark Fund, steward donors, and cultivate alumni engagement.
- Serve as a frontline fundraiser responsible for the discovery, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of prospects capable of making gifts to The Clark Fund of $1,000 and up.
- Build and maintain a portfolio of Clark Fund prospects and work with Executive Director to establish appropriate goals and metrics for the position.
- Track all prospect outreach and information in Raiser’s Edge and produce contact reports in a timely fashion.
- Collaborate with colleagues in Alumni Engagement to identify prospects and future volunteer leaders.
- Collaborate with colleagues in University Advancement (including major and principal gifts, research, and advancement services) to identify and move leadership annual donors through the pipeline.
- Participate in solicitations during key campaigns including the Cougar Challenge, Spree for Clark, calendar-year end, fiscal-year end, and others.
- Assist colleagues managing reunion classes with fundraising and solicitation strategies.
- Travel, mostly in New England and New York, is required for face-to-face solicitation meetings.
- Some evening and weekend work is required.
- Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of experience in fundraising, preferably in higher education or a comparable number of years in a sales position.
- Organized, motivated, enthusiastic, and strategic outreach of annual giving prospects.
- Proven track record of soliciting annual fund donors and engaging volunteers preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with campus partners to ensure all projects and efforts are coordinated and cohesive.
- Possess high ethical standards and an imaginative and energetic approach to annual fundraising.
- Deadline-driven focus with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; goal and deadline-oriented, self-motivated to reach departmental initiatives.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or a similar customer relationship management (CRM) platform; proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Prior experience working with and contributing to a diverse workplace with the ability to interact effectively with a broad range of constituents on campus.
Clark University currently requires all employees and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions will be made for medical or disability reasons or religious beliefs, and could be made, at the sole discretion of the University, for other well-documented reasons.
Clark University embraces equal opportunity as a core value: we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. This commitment applies to every aspect of education, services, and employment policies and practices at Clark. Our commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. All positions at Clark share in the responsibility for building a community that values diversity and the uniqueness of others by exhibiting integrity and respect in interacting with all members of the Clark community to create an atmosphere of fairness and belonging. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, inclusive of all women, to apply.
Clark University offers a generous benefit package for full and, if applicable, part-time employees that include; paid time off, generous retirement plan, group health and dental insurance, life insurance, and tuition, along with use of many campus amenities.
To apply for this job please visit clarku.interviewexchange.com.
- Next s