Director, Alumni Relations
The Catholic University of AmericaWashington, D.C.
This position conceives and implements all aspects of the Alumni Relations programs including reunions, stewardship and fundraising events designed to meet the mutual needs of the Law School and the Alumni Community of over 11,000 members.
- Supports departmental efforts to manage and direct all efforts regarding Law School alumni activities including reunion, Dean’s Dinner, holiday events and regional events and other programs as directed by the Assistant Dean and Dean of the Law School.
- Works extensively with alumni volunteers and faculty to create programs appealing to a wide variety of ages and interests.
- Acts as the primary law school liaison, supporting and maintaining a relationship with Law School Alumni Council.
- Works closely with other senior staff in department to identify and cultivate relationships with alumni and friends for development opportunities.
- Writes, edits and proofs invitation copy, alumni news, emails, website content and other text produced or printed for public viewing, including E-Newsletters, Class Notes, and the CUA Lawyer magazine.
- Supports department efforts to provide backup materials for senior staff and faculty for alumni events, such as biographical data on leadership alumni and speaking notes for the Dean.
- Works with Admissions and Career Services in collaboration for the mentorship and hiring programs to support alumni and effectively recruit, matriculate and have our students hired.
- Manages a pool of prospects and holds at least 50 visits with alumni annually. Works to identify alumni who can assist in networking, mentoring or participating in panel presentations, as well as honorees, distinguished alumni reunion awards and sponsorship opportunities.
- Serves as the department’s liaison to the law school faculty and addresses the programmatic requests of the specialized institutes.
- Submits Law School alumni candidates to the University for special awards and honors, graduation honorary degree recipients, etc. including biographical data and all supplemental materials.
A bachelor’s degree is required. Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in alumni, development, event planning or administrative experience with non-profit or educational institutions required. Experience working with volunteers preferred. Ability to communicate publicly at networking events, addressing a variety of audiences such as alumni and the Alumni Council.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.