Director of Annual Giving
Carroll SchoolWaltham, MA
Located in Waltham, Lincoln, and Wayland, Massachusetts, Carroll School is an independent day school that serves students with language-based learning differences, such as dyslexia. Carroll School empowers children to become academically skilled students who are strong self-advocates and confident lifelong learners prepared to enter other academic settings. Carroll is an inclusive community committed to embracing diverse strengths, identities, and lived experiences in order to give each child what they most need to thrive.
Carroll School is an equal opportunity employer that offers competitive salaries and benefits, including comprehensive professional development opportunities.
The Director, Annual Giving, develops, implements and evaluates a strategic annual giving program that raises funds for Carroll School through the solicitation of parents, alumni, grandparents and other important Carroll constituencies. Key to this endeavor is the creation of a comprehensive marketing plan, which benefits all fundraising at Carroll. The Director will work closely with the Head of School, collaborate with other members of the advancement team on overall strategy, and maintain a portfolio of leadership prospects.
- Comprehensive oversight of marketing and communications efforts to drive total annual fund support and donors, using industry best practices and analytics to drive decisions and strategy.
- Plan and execute the overall Annual Fund strategy.
- Develop a marketing plan/theme to cover all constituencies, including digital, print, social media and video.
- Oversee and create content and design for all marketing materials.
- Build a strong relationship with and support and guide the Annual Fund Chair.
- Recruit, train and support a growing network of volunteer Annual Fund Ambassadors, including a separate Annual Fund program for 8th grade parents.
- Provide reports for Development Committee and Board of Trustees meetings and others as requested.
- Manage a portfolio of leadership Annual Fund and major gift prospects consisting of current and past families.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in the Advancement Office and school wide to build materials to further grow a “culture of giving” at Carroll.
- Work with the Executive Director and other advancement colleagues and provide input into the overall development strategy of the office with the goal of building deep relationships with all constituencies and increased philanthropic support of Carroll.
- Attend and actively participate in all Advancement Committee meetings.
- Ability to be flexible and work collaboratively within a team
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to multi-task and juggle competing priorities
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4+ years of fundraising experience, preferably in an educational environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and Google, and experience with Raiser’s Edge
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19
To apply for this job please visit www.carrollschool.org.