Executive Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations
Bryant UniversitySmithfield, RI
The Bryant University Advancement team is committed to developing and strengthening relationships with foundations, corporate partners, and alumni by delivering meaningful engagement and inspiring philanthropy in service of Bryant’s interdisciplinary educational mission and the University’s strategic plan, Vision 2030. The Executive Director of Corporate & Foundation Relations is a partner in the design, implementation, and assessment of a master plan to raise optimal financial support from corporations and foundations in support of Bryant’s fundraising efforts, including but not limited to, Vision 2030 initiatives. The successful candidate will manage and lead a portfolio of corporate and foundation prospects with the intent of building mutually beneficial relationships with Bryant University and explore potential collaboration and financial support for the University.
- Plans and executes strategic activities in order to increase major corporate and foundation support through gifts, grants, and contracts. Works to ensure that corporate approaches, from identification to cultivation to solicitation and stewardship, are highly strategic and coordinated across Bryant University stakeholders. Serve as a primary point of contact (and primary relationship manager) for organizations that wish to partner with Bryant University in meaningful ways, facilitating appropriate introductions and exchange of ideas and information that serve to advance campus priorities, as well as the interests of the prospective funder.
- Lead a CFR team of three in all aspects of their work to generate significant philanthropy from institutional funding partners, including formulation of goals and tracking ongoing progress.
- Manage a pool of foundation and corporate prospects, developing relationships with key company administrators and executives, through personal visits, correspondence, attendance at cultivation events, etc. This includes identification and prioritization of prospective institutional funding partners.
- Collaborate with academic and administrative leaders across the University to identify programs and initiatives that lend themselves to corporate partnerships. Advise and support University leaders on CFR solicitations and funding opportunities. Accompany senior leaders on visits as necessary. Advise Advancement peers and academic stakeholders regarding new initiatives and other strategic corporate and foundation partnership opportunities, including their respective roles in cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of key relationships.
- Provide leadership and support to include prospect research, strategy development, contact and ongoing interaction with portfolio prospects, proposal preparation and submission, orchestration of site visits, partner recognition, partner updates and reports.
- Provide leadership and oversight for the development and submission of significant corporate and foundation proposals of the highest quality, including occasional writing, editing, and/or other guidance that maximizes the likelihood of success.
- Partner with Advancement colleagues in supporting their engagement and solicitation of institutional funders within their area(s) of responsibility and actively seek their advice regarding existing relationships and opportunities vis-à-vis individual donors, alumni, and friends.
- Maintain knowledge of company and industry dynamics; personnel changes; stock market performance; foundation funding; and all related activities and changes that may affect corporate funding of Bryant initiatives.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit employment.bryant.edu.