Director of Leadership Annual Giving
Ball State UniversityMuncie, IN
- In collaboration with the Senior Director of Annual Giving, set the overall strategic direction for the leadership annual giving program that is responsible for increasing annual donors at the $1,000-$24,999 level.
- Engage and acquire new donors for the University through in person and virtual meetings as well as encourage current annual donors to increase their giving over time while assessing future major gift capacity. The Director will focus on building a stronger foundation for engagement & philanthropy by helping to create a more robust pipeline of gifts, which can lead to future major gift support.
- Supervise the Assistant Director of Leadership Annual Giving and the Associate Director of Leadership Annual Giving, Athletics, responsible for soliciting in person and digital annual gifts of $1K and greater. Mentor them as they devise and implement cultivation and solicitation strategies (including ask amounts) to meet and exceed clearly defined metrics.
- Serve as the liaison to Foundation Development by attending meetings, sharing annual giving updates, staying aware of policy changes and procedures, and partnering with major and planned giving colleagues to realize the best philanthropic opportunities for alumni, friends, and fans of the University. Communicate with the deans and campus partners as applicable.
- Increase the number of mid-level donors who give annually, ultimately increasing the amount of private support raised from university constituents each year; concentrate on renewal, upgrades and acquisition within the prospect pool to assist in raising more private support each year and enhance the major gift pipeline.
- Use the database, platforms and tools to develop data-inspired fundraising strategies. Continually assess quality of portfolios and meet with prospect research to ensure time and effort are being used effectively, and giving opportunities are being maximized. Provide monthly reporting on progress to goal.
- Partner with Donor Relations to help manage the effective stewardship of annual mid-level donors.
- Partner with the AVP of Engagement and Strategy on Women of Beneficence to help identify, secure and renew female donors at mid-level amounts.
- Perform other related duties as assigned. This includes One Ball State Day, annual giving activities and other Foundation strategies.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. At least three years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary for this role. Experience using data to drive strategy; broad knowledge of the principles of fundraising and stewardship; experience building relationships with individuals, corporations, and/or foundations.
Master’s degree. Higher education, sales, and/or non-profit fundraising work experience. This could include successfully serving in roles such as a student caller, alumni ambassador, or related giving/engagement roles during college. Supervisory experience; self-motivated, creative, and have great attention to detail; dedication to promote Ball State’s priorities through developing excellent relationships with all constituents; knowledge of or experience in an educational setting; awareness to change fundraising tactics and strategy mid-year to achieve stated program goals as needed; demonstrate willingness to learn new skills and take on challenging tasks; experience using fundraising and engagement platforms such as ThankView and Blackbaud NTX; maintain confidentiality and accuracy with respect to all donors and prospect information; use of social media to leverage effectiveness of fundraising.
To apply for this job please visit bsu.peopleadmin.com.