Annual Giving Manager
Baldwin Wallace UniversityBerea, OH
Reporting to and collaborating with the Director of Annual Giving, the Annual Giving Manager facilitates the development of goals, objectives, programs, and initiatives related to executing a comprehensive annual giving program that reaches out to all of Baldwin Wallace University’s constituencies including alumni, parents, students, faculty, staff, and friends of the University. The Annual Giving Manager serves as the lead on various key Annual Giving communication and solicitation projects including direct mail campaigns, email campaigns, days of giving/crowdfunding campaigns and other targeted campaigns such as the faculty/staff annual campaign. The Annual Giving Manager partners with Alumni Engagement colleagues on young alumni and parent engagement initiatives, as well as affinity group projects and events. The Annual Giving Manager manages a portfolio of 50 leadership donors and engages in personal visits, conversations and other interactions to cultivate, solicit and steward these donors in the context of growing the annual giving program while supporting the greater fundraising goals of the Philanthropy team.
Essential Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities:
- Leads, coordinates and designs key annual giving communication and solicitation projects including direct mail campaigns, email campaigns, days of giving/crowdfunding campaigns and other targeted campaigns such as the faculty/staff annual campaign.
- Supports BW Gives, Giving Tuesday, and other days of giving/crowdfunding/targeted campaigns by creating messaging, web content, and giving platform content as well as leading advocate recruitment, stewardship, and other related activities.
- Coordinates the monthly donor anniversary card mailing including completing data requests, collaborating with an outside vendor and other related tasks.
- Partners with Alumni Engagement colleagues on young alumni, parent and affinity group engagement initiatives, including strategy development, events, focus groups, communications, solicitations and other activities as determined.
- Manages a portfolio of 50 leadership donors and engages in personal visits, conversations and other interactions to cultivate, solicit and steward these donors in order to grow the annual giving program while supporting the greater fundraising goals of the Philanthropy team.
- Records fundraising progress in Raiser’s Edge in a timely and effective manner via contact reports, cultivation and solicitation updates, correspondence and other documentation, and communicates donor/prospect information updates to Prospect Management & Data Analytics staff in a timely manner.
- Requests and makes effective use of prospect research as appropriate. Submits data requests for mailings, emails and other projects.
- Develops an annual social media plan, including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Builds and maintains an in-depth knowledge of BW, its funding priorities and giving opportunities in order to articulate a compelling case for support to all constituents.
- Attends events representing the Philanthropy & Alumni Engagement team as a means of educating and engaging donors.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of two years of experience in annual giving or the equivalent; experience in higher education preferred
- Volunteer management experience
- Solid computer skills with experience using Raiser’s Edge (or similar database), Microsoft Office applications, the internet, and social media
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Values a team environment and collaboration
- Ability to plan, implement, and manage multiple projects
- Strong appreciation for Baldwin Wallace University, its mission and values
- Upholds the Code of Ethical Standards and Donor Bill of Rights as outlined by the Association of Fundraising Professionals
- Strives to maintain a sense of humor
- Some travel and evening/weekend work required
- Must hold a valid driver’s license
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment. No or limited physical effort required. No or limited exposure to physical risk.
Baldwin Wallace University is an EEO/AA employer and educator. At BW, we support and encourage diversity in a variety of forms. We value and appreciate inclusive excellence in the classroom, within extracurricular activities, and as we engage our community partners.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.