Assistant Director, Drexel Fund
Drexel UniversityPhiladelphia, PA
The Assistant Director of the Drexel Fund will guide and manage a cohesive annual engagement program for the central Office of Institutional Advancement (IA) in an effort to identify and reengage members of the Drexel community philanthropically. They work with campus and unit partners to promote funds and launch solicitations across all vehicles, including by not limited to direct mail, calling, texting, email, web-based and personal outreach.
Each member of The Drexel Fund team engages with alumni, parents, students, employees, and Drexel community populations of donors and constituents, and has the opportunity to lead solicitation efforts for targeted groups. They will prepare data, draft segmentation plans, develop content and design assets, track progress to goal in solicitations, and report on metrics for the projects they manage. They will work to improve programs, maximize gift potential streamline and enhance the donor experience, and elevate constituent engagement at the University.
- Create solicitations for Drexel’s central annual engagement program in alignment with IA strategic objectives.
- Coordinate with internal and campus partners on messaging and timing.
- Develop and execute annual stewardship initiatives to increase donor retention and improve the donor experience.
- Identify micro-philanthropy opportunities, and run select campaigns at the annual giving level.
- Coordinate the production of appeals: draft specifications, bid and negotiate projects with vendors, manage vendor timelines and facilitate vendor payments.
- Serve as the lead for 24 Hours of Impact, Drexel University’s day of giving.
- Manage data coordination, segmentation and reporting for targeted solicitations, stewardship, and micro-campaigns.
- Initiate report creation and enhancements to track and improve key metrics and performance.
- Work closely with members of the IA Engagement team, Fundraising Units, and partners across campus to promote annual giving efforts. Serve as a strategic partner.
- Actively participate in team initiatives, overarching solicitations, annual giving activities, fundraising and stewardship events, and play a key role in fundraising efforts throughout IA.
- Represent the Office of Institutional Advancement and Drexel University positively to internal and external constituencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or Equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience.
- Understanding of and ability to work with relational data.
- Ability to work with large data sets, Microsoft Access & Excel.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively as part of a team and independently.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Enthusiastic about the impacts of philanthropy.
- Experience in higher education.
Hybrid: Remote/University City, Philadelphia PA
This position is classified as Exempt with a salary grade of J. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Please review the Benefits Brochure for some information on our benefits offerings.
Special Instructions to the Applicant:
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application. Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
To apply for this job please visit careers.drexel.edu.
- Next s