Assistant Director of Cornerstone Alumni Engagement
Virginia TechBlacksburg, VA
Under the direction of the Director of Cornerstone Alumni Engagement, the Assistant Director of Cornerstone Alumni Engagement will serve as an integral member of the Cornerstone Alumni Team.
Cornerstone Alumni are Virginia Tech’s more passionate and respected alumni who have served as the foundation of the university for more than 50 years or more. They represent they foundation of our university and its motto Ut Prosim (That I May Serve) and their legacy will be felt for years to come.
The Assistant Director will work to increase the engagement program through event planning, program development, effective communication methods, volunteer and donor stewardship, and data/records management. The Assistant Director will be a key in building relationships, identifying and creating opportunities to drive engagement and philanthropic support with the Cornerstone Alumni segment.
This role will be critical to the development and ability to engage the projected growth of Cornerstone Alumni segment. This position requires overnight travel on a regular basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, hospitality, communications or other related field and significant experience or Master’s degree and relevant experience.
- Experience in event planning, volunteer management, alumni activities and/or educational programming.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment to achieve institutional goals. .
- Strong group presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience in alumni relations; developing effective strategies for planning events to enhance constituent participation and philanthropic support.
- Demonstrated experience developing and managing content for alumni communications including electronic communications and mass emails, web content, print brochures, invitations, and letters, for distribution to alumni or related communications experience.
- Knowledge and ability to use desktop publishing software.
- Demonstrated experience in working with databases, websites and social media.
- Experience in nonprofit service organizations or related activities as a volunteer.
- Demonstrated ability to train and motivate volunteers; experience working with volunteer boards.
- Ability to delivery program in a variety of methods (in-person, virtual, hybrid)
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.pageuppeople.com.
- Next s