Senior Associate Director of Advancement, Arts & Sciences
Washington University in St. LouisSt. Louis, MO
Washington University seeks an advancement professional for the position of Senior Associate Director of Advancement supporting Arts & Sciences. The Arts & Sciences Advancement team strives to advance the mission of the college by creating a culture of philanthropy among alumni, students, faculty, parents, and friends. The primary responsibilities of the Senior Associate Director of Advancement for Arts &Sciences will focus on building meaningful relationships, managing a caseload of prospects, increasing support for Arts & Sciences and other university priorities, serving as a liaison to academic departments, and working in collaboration with, and in support of colleagues.
The Senior Associate Director will assist in managing and developing strategies to increase philanthropic support to grow the number of gifts in support of Arts & Sciences and other university priorities. This position includes visits with prospective and current donors in St. Louis and travel to territories as assigned. The Senior Associate Director Advancement reports to the Director of Advancement.
This position requires the ability and willingness to travel.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a portfolio of 90 leadership and major gifts prospects, implementing strategies for cultivating and soliciting new prospects as well as existing donors. Conduct 100-130 meaningful contacts each fiscal year with constituents. Includes travel to territories as assigned.
- Collaborate closely with other staff within University Advancement, including colleagues within the Arts & Sciences team (program and other fundraisers), regional directors, school directors, corporation and foundations, planned giving, reunion giving, parent programs and annual giving programs in order to meet ambitious goals. When needed, support colleagues to steward and close gifts outside of caseload and support staff on events and programming needs.
- Establish and maintain a collaborative working liaison relationships with top-tier departments and programs within Arts & Sciences as assigned. Share departmental updates, highlights and funding priorities with University Advancement colleagues. Serve as a fundraising point person for one of the A&S strategic plan signature initiatives.
- Develop a broad understanding of the academic mission of the College of Arts & Sciences, University College, University Libraries, and related Centers, Programs, and Institutes. Assist in building strategy and tactics appropriate to the ambitious goals of the Arts & Sciences. Gain University knowledge by volunteering for University Advancement and Arts & Sciences events.
- Undertake special projects and assignments to advance the mission of Washington University. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree.
- Five to seven years of major gift, planned giving, annual fund, and capital campaign experience with a track record of successful solicitations.
- Project leadership skills, with value placed on organizational loyalty, commitment, pride, integrity, mutual respect, and collegial openness.
- Development experience in a complex university environment.
- Mentorship skills and ability to influence and motivate staff that are not direct reports.
- Deep appreciation for and ability to articulate the mission and aspirations of Arts & Sciences and Washington University.
- Desire to play a meaningful role in the University community and to share in its commitment to research and education.
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement effective cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies for individual giving.
- Ability to work with diverse constituencies within a complex organization.
- Ability to listen carefully, learn quickly and work effectively with both internal and external constituencies.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with high net worth individuals.
- Superior communication and writing skills with the ability to articulate in compelling philanthropic language the mission of Arts & Sciences.
- Desire and ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across development offices.
- Resourceful in finding information within A&S and Washington in order to respond to donors, deans, office and colleagues.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of five years of related experience.
$73,700.00 – $125,900.00 / Annually
To apply for this job please visit wustl.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.
- Next s