Regional Gift Officer
Washington University in St. LouisSt. Louis, MO
Washington University seeks advancement professionals for multiple Regional Gift Officer (RGO) positions for a growing and expanding Regional Advancement Program. The RGO is responsible for managing a portfolio of leadership and major gift donors, partners with a Regional Director to develop and implement a regional strategy, and qualifies, cultivates, solicits and stewards donors in their assigned region.
The Regional Gift Officer reports to and is paired with a Regional Director. Under the guidance of an experienced Regional Director, the person in this position will learn about the University, University Advancement, their region and the donor cycle while focusing on a portfolio.
This position is based out of St. Louis, MO and requires regular travel.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and manage a portfolio of leadership ($25,000 to $99,999) and major gift prospects ($100,000 and higher). Develop and execute thoughtful, innovative, and individualized strategies for qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors and involve advancement colleagues and academic leaders as appropriate.
- Assist the Regional Director of Advancement with regional cabinet(s), events and regional strategies.
- Work closely with the Regional Director to create and measure regional cross organization objectives and key results (OKRs).
- Undertake special projects and assignments to advance the mission of Washington University.
- Development or closely related experience, preferably in higher education, with experience soliciting leadership gifts of $1,000 to $50,000 or more.
- Experience in annual fund, planned giving, major gift and/or capital campaign fundraising.
- Proven track record of successful solicitations.
- Honesty, integrity and enthusiasm.
- Very strong work ethic supported by commitment and follow through.
- Ability to think strategically and analytically and then implement effectively.
- Demonstrated passion for initiating meetings and developing relationships with prospects.
- Ability to articulate the mission and aspirations of Washington University.
- Capacity to listen carefully, learn quickly and work effectively.
- Ability to work within a complex organization across multiple units dealing with diverse constituents toward development objectives.
- Sound judgment and the ability to make independent decisions while working collaboratively through a team approach.
- Comfort working in an environment that emphasizes measurable fundraising goals.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Four years of related experience.
Salary Range: $73,700.00 – $125,900.00 / Annually
The salary range reflects base salaries paid for positions in a given job grade across the University. Individual rates within the range will be determined by factors including one’s qualifications and performance, equity with others in the department, market rates for positions within the same grade and department budget.
To apply for this job please visit wustl.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.