Assistant Director of Annual Giving, Leadership Annual Giving Outreach
University of Tennessee FoundationKnoxville, TN
The Office of Advancement, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, is seeking an Assistant Director of Annual Giving for Leadership Annual Giving Outreach responsible for increasing engagement of and contact with leadership donors and prospects. Outreach will include at least 150 targeted and documented leadership annual giving solicitations via email, phone, FaceTime/Skype/Zoom, and personal correspondence.
The Assistant Director will interact and work with internal and external audiences including UTK advancement staff partners, faculty, and staff in each college, department, and program across the Knoxville campus to address questions and foster relationships with donors who are contacted.
In addition to leadership level asks, this position will also be responsible for strategic outreach to increase the number of recurring, non-ending donors. Increasing recurring donors will be accomplished by encouraging donors to contribute via a monthly commitment and by contacting donors with recently completed scheduled payments.
Who We Are!
The Foundation is an interdependent nonprofit corporation that enriches the lives of the students, faculty, staff, alumni and friends of the University of Tennessee through alumni engagement, financial stewardship and private investments. While our advancement team aspires to be a key driver in UT’s vision of being a top public research university and producing at the level of a top SEC fundraising program, UTFI supports them by providing a unique benefits package that includes:
- Eligible for up to 24+ paid days off per years and 12 paid days off for holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee discounts such as Orlando theme parks and Biltmore
- Hybrid work schedule opportunity after successfully completing introductory period
- Full comprehensive benefits & retirement package, plus more!
Knoxville sits at the base of the Great Smoky Mountains. With a variety of outdoor activities, parks and recreation, Knoxville provides a top notch outdoors recreational experience to nature lovers. Arts, music, events, and annual festivals add to the breadth and depth of the list of things to do in our region. There are various opportunities to connect and find community for all identities and interests within the surrounding area and on campus.
- Bachelor’s with a minimum of three years or Master’s degree with a minimum of one year of experience in university advancement, nonprofit, or sales team with donor/customer service experience or related fields.
- A valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record is required due to travel responsibilities of the position. UT Foundation reserves the right to consider all appropriate circumstances. In general, any significant driving offense less than 12 months old will eliminate the application from consideration for the position.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong organizational skills, skillful recruitment and management of volunteers, and the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as proficiency in MS Office suite applications, specifically Word and Excel.
- Ability to multi-task effectively and efficiently meeting expected deadlines.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
The ideal candidate will be highly supportive of and committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. To build a diverse workforce The University of Tennessee Foundation, Inc. encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women. EEO/AA employer.
In order to be considered for candidacy, please include a cover letter and resume in addition to completing the on-line profile. Applicants should complete the on-line profile in entirety to demonstrate the minimal education and experience required for this position. Incomplete profile information as it relates to the requirements listed will eliminate candidacy for this opportunity.
To apply for this job please visit ut.taleo.net.
- Next s