Assistant Director of Annual Giving – Digital Philanthropy
University of North TexasDenton, TX
This position will primarily support the digital, crowdfunding and giving day efforts of the Annual Giving Team. They will be responsible for implementing strategy from the Senior Director and project management for each of the aforementioned components. This role is intended to broaden our multichannel approach to fundraising and support early pipeline development for Annual Giving by acquiring new donors and retaining existing donors. Furthermore, this position will serve in a secondary role as a support function for additional Annual Giving needs such as copy editing, reviewing data, and other duties as assigned.
- Collaborating with external and campus partners to create and support their initiatives through our giving day and faculty/staff campaigns.
- Utilizing a fundraising application process to identify crowdfunding opportunities and subsequently creating the crowdfunding pages needed to market these initiatives through our current crowdfunding platform.
- Project management of digital solicitation strategies while liaising with our external giving day partners on next steps for our campaign.
- Building and testing approximately 40+ giving day pages based on the initial collaboration with unit partners.
- Monitoring progress of campaigns and working with Senior Director to implement new strategy as needed.
- Serve as a backup reviewer for direct mail and email solicitations and the data sets used to segment.
Bachelor’s Degree and two years of professional experience in marketing, fundraising, event planning, public relations, corporate account sales, or communications; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of fundraising or ability to quickly assimilate.
- Ability to establish and maintain cordial, productive, and professional working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to manage time, personnel, financial, and physical resources effectively.
- Exceptional communications skills.
- Ability to master University policies and procedures and apply these in specific situations.
The ideal candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- 2 years experience working in fundraising, project management or digital engagement.
- Previous experience working on crowdfunding or digital fundraising campaigns.
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite, in particular Excel and Word.
- Any experience with Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A team player that promotes collaboration.
Typical 40 hour work week with flex-time schedule and hybrid-remote work opportunities to be discussed with supervisor.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.untsystem.edu.
- Next s