Associate Director, Annual Giving
University of California, RiversideRiverside, CA
The Associate Director of Annual Giving (ADAG) is a pivotal role supporting UC Riverside’s Annual Giving program, aligning with the institution’s fundraising goals. Working under the direct leadership of the Senior Director of Annual Giving and closely collaborating with the Director of Annual Giving, the ADAG focuses on increasing philanthropic contributions and engagement across diverse stakeholders, including alumni, parents, faculty/staff, students, and friends of the University. Employing integrated marketing strategies encompassing direct mail, phone, email, text, in-person, social media, Giving Day, and crowdfunding, the Associate Director contributes to the implementation of UCR’s online engagement and multi-channel solicitation efforts. Emphasizing digital gift strategies, such as email and crowdfunding, the ADAG utilizes digital analytics tools, predictive modeling, segmentation, and data-driven techniques to ensure personalized, timely, and goal-oriented communications. Responsible for a portfolio, this role involves identifying, cultivating, and soliciting gifts, with a specific focus on leadership annual giving level gifts ($1,000 to $25,000). The ADAG emphasizes prospect discovery and cultivation, utilizing both digital and traditional frontline fundraising tactics. Essential skills include relationship building, attention to detail, and project management. The Associate Director will work with the Senior Director of Annual Giving and other Development team members on other fundraising and stewardship initiatives as needed or assigned. This is a three-year, renewable contract position which includes the same employee benefits afforded career employees.
- Assists in detailed planning of fund development and annual solicitation programs.
- Provides coordination for central development appeal calendar to avoid oversaturation of donor constituencies. Has a special focus on all digital communication, solicitation, and stewardship including creative new approaches to engage alumni, students, faculty/staff, students, and friends of UCR.
- Identifies, cultivates, solicits and/or stewards donors.
- Will carry a portfolio that focuses on leadership annual giving asks ($1,000 to $24,999).
- Serves as liaison to the constituent management and technologies team. Requests data needed to successfully execute annual giving campaigns. Vet, segment, and deliver all data for project execution. Work in collaboration with database management staff to develop and design the structure and delivery mechanism for digital solicitations.
- Oversees appeal production, including coordination of internal and external vendors, data segmentation with data base management staff, coordination of external providers of solicitation videos and email solicitation mechanisms, and other processes as needed. Will often communicate with partners in the units/colleges, athletics, and other special interest programs.
- Provides analysis and information of complex results or activities, and makes recommendations to upper management for program changes or development of new programs as required.
- Pulls and provides reports on donor trends and activity; identifies donor gaps and potential opportunities. Works closely with the Senior Director and Director of Annual Giving to analyze audience responses, to identify prospects for upgrades and reactivation, and to routinely provide progress toward annual giving goals.
- Develops strategies within existing policy guidelines. Participates in short- and long-range strategic planning.
- Provides valuable insights in team discussions to inform the annual fundraising plan with emphasis on growth and engagement of UCR’s donor base. The Associate Director will partner closely with colleagues in University Advancement to identify and implement innovative and creative approaches for upgrading donors and increasing overall annual fund support.
- Ensures that predetermined fundraising goals are met.
- Provides regular annual giving project status reports and fundraising progress reports for review; contributes insights on gaps and opportunities for increased donor engagement, upgrades, and reactivation.
To apply for this job please visit irecruitportal.ucr.edu.
- Next s