Director of the Annual Fund
New College of FloridaSarasota, FL
The Director of the Annual Fund serves as a key member of the fundraising team at the New College Foundation and in conjunction with the Associate Vice President of Advancement, has primary responsibility for the management of the New College Fund. The individual in this newly created position will provide strategic oversight of all annual giving initiatives including the growth of the New College Fund and alumni participation, as well as parents, recurring gift and Novo volunteer programs.
- Implement and oversee all strategies intended to increase annual giving amongst all donor constituencies, including alumni, parents and community supporters
- Provide leadership and oversight for the foundation’s participation in the biennial Community Foundation of Sarasota County Giving Challenge as well as other giving days/challenges
- Make recommendations and implement strategies to grow the newly created parent and Novo volunteer program
- Continually evaluate and make recommendations regarding the utilization of technology and software platforms to support the work of the annual giving program
- Oversee the creation and nurturing of formal initiatives in the areas of student giving, faculty/staff giving and leadership annual giving in order to enhance the entirety of the New College annual giving program
- In conjunction with the AVP of Advancement, create an annual fund strategic plan each fiscal year, which utilizes all communication channels to cultivate, solicit and steward annual fund donors
- Elevate the sophistication of New College’s annual giving program with the implementation of best practice techniques such as, but not limited to, segmentation, dynamic asks and peer-to-peer solicitations
- Responsible for the creation and development of all solicitation materials, including direct mail and electronic communications (email and social media)
- Manage a portfolio of leadership annual giving prospects and cultivate those individuals via in-person and virtual meetings, as well as telephone & email conversations
- Work with the Database Manager to create a process for tracking all solicitations and utilize the resultant data for benchmarking and data analytic purposes
Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years appropriate experience .
Three to five years of progressive responsibility working in an annual giving program, preferably within an educational institution. We are looking for an energetic and motivated individual who has the interest and initiative to build new programs amidst a growing fundraising team. Excellent communication, writing and organization skills with the ability to simultaneously manage numerous initiatives. Experience with Raiser’s Edge is preferred.
Position involves sitting at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
New College is committed to the principles of equal educational and employment opportunities for, and nondiscrimination towards applicants and employees with respect to race, color, religion, age, disability, sex, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression and veteran status, as provided by law and in accordance with New College’s goal to create and maintain a work and study environment that is positive and free of unlawful discrimination. Further, New College encourages the recognition of the diversity of its population and seeks to promote delivery systems, curricular activities and programs that reflect this diversity in all facets of life at New College.
About the School:
New College of Florida is located in sunny Sarasota, on the beautiful Gulf Coast of Florida — an area known for its award-winning beaches, turquoise waters and arts and cultural attractions (from theatrical offerings to circus performances). Located about an hour’s drive from urban destinations like Tampa and St. Petersburg, Sarasota is an exhilarating coastal retreat.
As one of 12 universities in the State University System of Florida and the State of Florida’s designated honors college, New College provides an exceptional undergraduate education that transforms students’ intellectual curiosity into extraordinary personal accomplishment.
To apply for this job please visit ncf.simplehire.com.