Online Database & Data Manager, Annual Giving
Lucile Packard Foundation for Children's HealthPalo Alto, CA
The Lucile Packard Foundation for Children’s Health unlocks philanthropy to transform health for children and families—in our community and around the world. We are a powerful team, on a shared mission. We focus on:
- Fundraising for Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital and the maternal and child health programs of Stanford University School of Medicine.
- Advancing equity and access to care for children with special health care needs.
- Raising awareness and support for children’s health issues.
The Online Database & Data Manager for Annual Giving has broad responsibilities for managing online fundraising systems (Classy and Mailchimp) and selecting, segmenting & analyzing direct marketing data for the Lucile Packard Foundation for Children’s Health (LPFCH). This position will support integration of fundraising efforts across the Annual Giving team and do reporting and analysis, both independently and in partnership with Advancement Services.
As part of the Annual Giving team, this position is charged with managing data related to the Annual Giving team, with attention to back-end processes, reconciliation, the transfer of data to the database of record (The Raiser’s Edge) and data structured for reporting. Reporting to the Director of Digital Fundraising, the Online Database and Data Manager will coordinate with the Data & Reporting team on reporting and dashboards as appropriate. The incumbent will be responsible for maintaining the most accurate and up to date records in partnership with several teams.
The Online Database & Data Manager, Annual Giving is eligible for hybrid work, meaning they are working in the office or in person whenever needed and on average of eight days a month. Note, the Foundation has a mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination Policy, and all new employees must submit proof of their Covid-19 vaccination and booster vaccine at the time their employment commences. Alternatively, prior to commencing employment, new employees may request approval for accommodation for an exemption to the policy as permitted by law.
Local candidates are preferred, and fully remote candidates will be considered. Please note, if a remote candidate is selected for the position, compensation will be adjusted for their geographic location.
General Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Director of Digital Fundraising to manage the online fundraising systems, Classy & Mailchimp.
- Work closely with Direct Marketing leaders on all data selects for mailings segmented by donor lifecycle stage (new, lapsed, etc. and recency, frequency, etc. – RFM).
- Oversee and manage routinely run data audits for Annual Giving using queries to ensure data integrity
- Serve as the primary liaison with the Advancement Services team to maintain Annual Fund’s data in The Raiser’s Edge including managing email and mail unsubscribes and contact preferences and updating donor information.
- Partner with Advancement Services team and Digital Fundraising Director to optimize use of our online fundraising platform and payment processor.
- Monitor and report on website analytics and donor conversions.
- Collaborate with teams across Annual Fund to streamline data, reporting, and the appeal code system in Classy and The Raiser’s Edge to measure our pipeline of annual donors.
- Produce and present reports for digital fundraising, direct marketing, third-party fundraising, and all Annual Fund donors through Classy, The Raiser’s Edge, Excel and more with recommendations on supporting donors through the pipeline of giving.
- Track and manage monthly giving partners and support renewals.
- Evaluate and refine digital and direct marketing segmentation strategies.
- Stays abreast of industry trends, best practices and applicable web technologies for online and direct response fundraising; research and evaluate fundraising opportunities available through mobile web and other emerging technology.
- Recommends new approaches, procedures and processes to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Understands, supports, and models the Foundation’s Core Values at all times.
- Takes responsibility for career development and seeks opportunities to enhance the department and the Foundation’s skills and knowledge.
- Shows initiative to take on additional tasks, duties, and assignments to ensure the department fulfills its responsibilities.
- Recommends new approaches, procedures, and processes to effect continual improvements in the efficiency of department and services performed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
NOTE: We are a dynamic organization in a rapidly changing industry. Therefore, the responsibilities associated with this position will change from time to time in accordance with LPFCH’s business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree • 5+ years of non-profit industry experience, including working in Classy or similar online fundraising database
- Strong database marketing or online fundraising experience, including management of segmentation, well- developed sense of audience needs and ability to synthesize disparate concepts into unifying themes
- Thorough understanding of structuring data for reporting and analyzing for meaning, including the ability to measure success and outcomes and make data-driven recommendations
- Working knowledge of how to read graphs & charts and use analysis tools (Excel, Google Analytics, WebTrends), and relationship management software (The Raiser’s Edge)
- Demonstrated problem-solver with experience working collaboratively with partners
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to move a group to actionable decisions through inclusive methods
- A sense of humor and a genuine interest in children’s health
- Highly developed analytical and communication skills, including the ability to successfully communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Experience working in a constituent database (CRM), preferably The Raiser’s Edge, retrieving, verifying, compiling, and maintaining data elements (updates, additions, deletions)
- Proficient in MS Office including basic Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Familiarity with online technologies and ability to learn new skills relevant to fundraising including email platforms like Mailchimp
Competencies the Online Database & Data Manager, Annual Giving must possess:
Ability to see the big picture and how individual components interrelate; self-starter with a high degree of analytical skills and pragmatism; ability to balance multiple tasks and projects and prioritize; accordingly, strong organizational skills, highly detail-oriented, and a proven ability to execute quickly and efficiently. willingness to reach out to many constituencies and understand their needs and concerns.
- Curious about fundraising and how all efforts integrate to build a donor pipeline
- Focused on structuring data based on the reporting needs specific to the initiative and as a component of a larger program
- Seeks to use data to inform decision making and program strategy
- Inclusive Communicator
- Seeks to include the needs and perspectives of multiple stakeholders and programs in order to deliver actionable and integrated fundraising campaigns
- Able to accurately synthesize large amounts of information from multiple sources for various audiences in a clear, compelling, and accessible manner
- Able to translate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Driven to ensure work products are correct through proofing and double-checks
- Uses charts and graphs in ways that promote clarity of understanding and accurate representations of facts
- Uses time well to maximize productivity o Balances the need to build a stronger future state against the need to produce useful results from what’s currently available in the environment
- Maintains initiative to complete proactive projects as assigned amid standing responsibilities
- Growth and Learning Mindset
- Ability to work independently in a team environment
- Seeks opportunities to enhance knowledge of direct marketing and online fundraising practices, knowledge of organization, mission, and philanthropy
- Based on learnings from the role, recommends new approaches or procedures to improve the quantity or quality of our data or the efficiency of our processes
- Resilient and adaptable in an organization that is rapidly evolving
We know that building a diverse and inclusive workforce is key to our success and enables us to do extraordinary work for kids and their families. When you become part of our team, you’ll be joining a group of passionate and dedicated individuals who truly care about and believe in the work they do.
We provide competitive compensation and a wide range of benefits designed to meet the needs of our employees and their families. We are strong supporters of work life balance.
The Lucile Packard Foundation for Children’s Health is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.myapps.paychex.com.