Assistant Director, Development
George Mason UniversityFairfax, VA
The George Mason University Antonin Scalia Law School’s Development Office seeks a highly organized, qualified professional to serve as the Assistant Director, Development. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The Antonin Scalia Law School at George Mason University is a Top 30 ranked law school strategically located in Arlington, VA, just two miles from downtown Washington, D.C. The Development and Alumni Relations office within Scalia Law aligns itself directly with the school’s mission and vision as well as that of the GMU’s Office of Advancement and Alumni Relations to heighten alumni engagement and philanthropic giving to Scalia Law.
The Assistant Director, Development reports to the Assistant Dean for Development and Alumni Relations in the law school. The Assistant Director leads the strategic design, execution, and evaluation of the law school’s comprehensive annual giving and stewardship program, and assists with a variety of alumni events and projects.
- Drafting and creating an annual calendar of regular alumni solicitations and other routine alumni communications, including goal setting, strategy development, and managing the direct mail vendor;
- Providing strategic segmentation around securing current use and expendable funds, as well as building and retaining a long-term pipeline for philanthropic support;
- Performing ongoing analysis to benchmark overall growth and performance of the annual fund;
- Working with Mason’s CRM to ensure donations will be correctly coded, back-end donor servicing is accurate, and recognition activities are executed;
- Utilizing data-driven reporting, move alumni through engagement opportunities, individual appeals, and recognition events;
- Managing Scalia Law development events, including law firm meet and greets, stewardship projects, and alumni relations programs and activities, some of which occur on evenings or weekends;
- Maintaining accurate and timely records using University Development data management and reporting systems, and following Mason policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Applicants should have the ability to work independently on a wide variety of tasks and possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Previous experience in fundraising, working with alumni populations, or experience in higher education.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number FA65Hz at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.gmu.edu.