Associate Director of Alumni Relations
Charles E Smith Jewish Day SchoolRockville, MD
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Associate Director of Alumni Relations works in close conjunction with the Director of Development, Director of Annual Giving, Director of Community Outreach and Major Gifts, and the Donor Relations Associate. The position is in a deadline-driven, fast-paced, project-oriented work environment. The position reports to the Director of Development.
Note: “Alumni” includes alumni, alumni parents, and former faculty/staff
- Identify and cultivate donors and conduct gift solicitations at giving levels of $999 and below, focusing on, but not limited to, alumni, alumni parents, and former faculty/staff
- Develop, plan, and implement all alumni events, often working on several events concurrently
- Maintain ongoing program of stewardship of alumni, involving personal outreach to alumni donors and prospects on a regular basis
- Identify, cultivate, recruit, retain and work with Alumni Advisory Board and volunteer leadership to accomplish specific goals in building alumni program
- Create, write and distribute alumni e-mail communications including bimonthly newsletter, It’s Wednesday, and all Alumni Spotlight series, including individual, family, and young alumni
- Gather, organize and publicize congratulatory Mazal Tov and Condolence messages for alumni community
- Plan annual alumni regional gatherings
- Engage with and encourage graduating juniors and seniors to maintain their connection to CESJDS after graduation through the Thank-a-Teacher programs and other methods
- Coordinate the annual joint-year reunion, Schmooze-a-Palooza
- Oversee the management of the online alumni directory, The Lions’ List
- Manage alumni social networking sites, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Maintain current contact information for alumni in Raiser’s Edge and Finalsite
- Maintain organized notes, records and documents
- Incorporate systems and protocols into daily work within Development Department
- All other duties as assigned by the Director of Development or Head of School
- Demonstrated commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Justice (DEIJ).
- Four year college Degree
- Experience in non-profit Advancement environment or similar
- Proficient in MS Office, Google, CRM, and fundraising databases
- In accordance with the School’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, the School has adopted a mandatory Vaccination Policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families and the community at large from infectious diseases such as COVID-19 and the flu, which may be reduced by annual vaccinations. This policy complies with all applicable laws and is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local health authorities, as applicable.
The Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate all applicants without unlawful consideration of race, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. The School encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.cesjds.org.