Associate Director of Annual Giving
Centre CollegeDanville, KY
The Associate Director of Annual Giving will work closely with the development and alumni relations team. The individual will have primary responsibility for managing the CCnfluencer alumni volunteer program, (20%), for growing and strengthening the young alumni giving program (20%), for coordinating and improving the Senior Class Gift (20%), for increasing participation for the young alumni Associate Giving program (20%), and for creating and implementing a robust reunion giving program (20%). To be successful in this position, it is important to pay close attention to detail and to be very organized. Organizing and managing class chairs and reunion giving volunteers will be an integral part of the job. The ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment will be crucial to success. Timing is an integral part of the annual fund and deadlines must be met. The ability to communicate effectively and work with partners across campus will be integral.
Essential Job Functions:
The Associate Director will provide assistance for all Annual Giving functions and be responsible for managing the CCnfluencer program. This individual will:
- Recruit a diverse set of alumni across all class years to serve as CCnfluencers;
- Communicate with CCnfluencers each fiscal year about important events, programs, and announcements where their assistance is needed;
- Design and implement all collateral material for CCnfluencers including, but not limited to, social media posts, email, text messages, etc.;
- Maintain all giving lists and updates for the development website.
- Train CCnfluencers as needed on the VMS volunteer system;
- Help create new strategies for Annual Fund events and fundraising campaigns and identify where CCnfluencers can be used to share important Development and Alumni messages.
The Associate Director will manage the Young Alumni Giving Campaign. This individual will:
- Develop and implement strategies to increase and acquire annual giving participation for graduates of the last decade;
- Identify and solicit young alumni for membership in Centre Associates;
- Be responsible for increasing participation in the young alumni Associates Giving Program.
- Educate young alumni and current students about the importance of philanthropy, especially annual giving;
- Work with the Alumni Director and the database manager to create strategies for maintaining contact information for young alumni;
- Coordinate with the Alumni Director to identify the best areas for hosting young alumni events. Attendance at some of these events will be required; and,
- Recommend activities and help plan programs to engage young alumni with the College and to cultivate a relationship with the best young prospects;
- Demonstrates an appreciation of and commitment to further an inclusive culture for those of diverse backgrounds such as ability, age, class, ethnicity, faith, gender, neurodiversity, race and sexual orientation.
The Associate Director will manage the Reunion Giving Campaign. This individual will:
- Develop and implement strategies to increase Reunion Giving for fundraising and participation goals for all graduates of Centre College;
- Identify appropriate class chairs and manage all reunion giving volunteers.
- Create and implement strategies to engage alumni in strong and meaningful reunion giving programs.
- Organize and manage all class chairs and reunion giving volunteers to achieve fundraising objectives.
- Work with partners across campus to organize reunion giving mailings, events, emails, and text message communications.
This position is an integral part of the Annual Fund team. As such, it will be necessary to contribute to the overall success of the department by performing all other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree required. Three to five years of previous development and fundraising experience is preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, and web skills.
- Excellent written communication skills, including proper spelling and grammar usage necessary.
- Superior volunteer management experience is required.
- Ability to manage time to accommodate multiple projects from various sources.
- Ability to work with various constituents of the College and those outside Centre’s community in relation to special programs.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends is required.
To apply for this job please visit www.centre.edu.
- Next s