Assistant Director, Corporate Relations
Washington University in St. LouisSt. Louis, MO
The Assistant Director of Corporate Relations reports to the Senior Director of Corporate Relations for the Danforth campus and collaborates closely with all other members of the Corporate Relations team. This role is responsible for strengthening corporate engagement and helping to build a fuller and more robust pyramid of corporate donors at every giving level. The position works to support Washington University priorities, the six schools on the Danforth Campus, Interdisciplinary programs, faculty, and special projects.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain and grow a portfolio of small- to medium-sized corporate prospects in the St. Louis region through all phases of the development process: identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Assist other corporate relations fundraisers in efforts to identify, qualify, cultivate, and ultimately solicit major gift corporate prospects.
- Develop and maintain relationships with school and unit-based advancement staff to stay abreast of funding needs for faculty research, programs, and special initiatives.
- In consultation with corporate relations fundraisers, assist deans and faculty in creating effective funding strategies and initiate opportunities for them to have meaningful interactions with corporate prospects.
- Develop corporate sponsorship solicitation strategies for supporting university events and initiatives.
- Develop content, write, edit, and finalize compelling fundraising proposals.
- Coordinate and/or write grant reports to corporations and corporate foundations, and conduct other stewardship of corporate donors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Three or more years of fundraising experience or closely related field or equivalent.
- Experience in developing and managing mutually beneficial corporate relationships.
- Record of success in securing major gifts from corporations and meeting fundraising goals.
- Experience with direct personal interaction with corporate executives.
- Experience in writing and editing fundraising materials such as concept notes, proposals and grant applications.
- Experience working in higher education or for a non-profit.
- Self-starter who can also take direction well from managers and has the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical thinking skills, intellectual curiosity, and the ability to analyze, condense, and synthesize complex information with diligence.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills, able to work well with diverse groups of constituents and colleagues of all levels, able to maintain the confidence of others.
- Passion for higher education and an understanding of complex institutions with the ability to represent the university in a highly professional and effective manner.
- Ability to travel as needed for solicitation and stewardship purposes.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two years of related experience.
Salary Range: $48,700.00 – $80,500.00 / Annually
The salary range reflects base salaries paid for positions in a given job grade across the University. Individual rates within the range will be determined by factors including one’s qualifications and performance, equity with others in the department, market rates for positions within the same grade and department budget.
To apply for this job please visit wustl.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.