Associate Director of Advancement, Annual Fund, McKelvey Engineering
Washington University in St. LouisSt. Louis, MO
Reporting to the Director of Advancement, the Associate Director will support the fundraising and programmatic goals of McKelvey Engineering by creating a culture of philanthropy among alumni, students, faculty, parents, and friends. The Associate Director is responsible for planning, evaluating, and implementing a strong annual fund program for McKelvey Engineering. The function of this position drives revenue through the acquisition of new donors, renewals, and upgrades of current donors.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage a portfolio of 100 annual and leadership annual giving prospects, working both independently and in collaboration with University Advancement colleagues, to employ innovative strategies for qualifying, cultivating and soliciting new prospects and existing donors. Conduct 75 meaningful contacts each fiscal year with constituents. Includes St. Louis and travel to territories as assigned.
- Manage the process of identifying, renewing, and upgrading annual fund donors while creating and executing appropriate solicitations. Coordinate the production process for all school-specific direct marketing campaigns and various appeals focused on annual donor retention, including renewal reminders, specific ‘year-end’ efforts, and lead phone-a-thon activities.
- Serve as the liaison with annual giving programs, direct marketing, and volunteer engagement teams to support efforts associated with the Eliot Society volunteer committee. Assist with peer-to-peer outreach, event planning, reporting and cultivation needs.
- Establish trusted and effective working relationships with internal partners of McKelvey Engineering as well as colleagues in University Advancement. Collaborate closely with all staff, including regional directors, school directors, corporations, and foundations, planned giving, reunion giving and parent engagement.
- Undertake special projects to advance the mission of Washington University. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two years of fundraising experience with a track record of successful solicitations or related experience.
- Familiarity with and appreciation for the mission of University Advancement programs and school priorities.
- Desire to play a meaningful role in the university’s community and to share in the commitment to education and research.
- Project management skills with value placed on organizational commitment, pride, integrity, mutual respect, and collegial openness.
- Experience working in a complex, matrixed organization and/or university/non-profit setting.
- Strong work ethic and attention to details with the ability to meet deadlines and engage others with exceptional service.
- Ability to think strategically, be resourceful, and effectively plan and implement important cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies for individual giving.
- Ability to listen thoughtfully, learn quickly and work effectively with both internal and external constituencies.
- Superior communication and writing skills.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of three years of related experience.
$57,300.00 – $97,700.00 / Annually
The salary range reflects base salaries paid for positions in a given job grade across the University. Individual rates within the range will be determined by factors including one’s qualifications and performance, equity with others in the department, market rates for positions within the same grade and department budget.
If you are unable to use our online application system and would like an accommodation, please email [email protected] or call the dedicated accommodation inquiry number at 314-935-1149 and leave a voicemail with the nature of your request.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. The screenings will include criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, an employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
- Up to 22 days of vacation, 10 recognized holidays, and sick time.
- Competitive health insurance packages with priority appointments and lower copays/coinsurance.
- Want to Live Near Your Work and/or improve your commute? Take advantage of our free Metro transit U-Pass for eligible employees. We also offer a forgivable home loan of up to $12,500 for closing costs and a down payment for homes in eligible neighborhoods.
- WashU provides eligible employees with a defined contribution (403(b)) Retirement Savings Plan, which combines employee contributions and university contributions starting at 7%.
Wellness challenges, annual health screenings, mental health resources, mindfulness programs and courses, employee assistance program (EAP), financial resources, access to dietitians, and more!
- We offer 4 weeks of caregiver leave to bond with your new child. Family care resources are also available for your continued childcare needs. Need adult care? We’ve got you covered.
- WashU covers the cost of tuition for you and your family, including dependent undergraduate-level college tuition up to 100% at WashU and 40% elsewhere after seven years with us.
Washington University in St. Louis is committed to the principles and practices of equal employment opportunity and especially encourages applications by those from underrepresented groups. It is the University’s policy to provide equal opportunity and access to persons in all job titles without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.
Washington University is dedicated to building a diverse community of individuals who are committed to contributing to an inclusive environment – fostering respect for all and welcoming individuals from diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. Individuals with a commitment to these values are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit wustl.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.