Assistant Director Annual Giving, Digital Engagement Officer (DXO)
Vassar CollegePoughkeepsie, NY
Located in the scenic Mid-Hudson Valley, Vassar College is a highly selective, residential, coeducational liberal arts college. Vassar stands upon the homelands of the Munsee Lenape.Vassar College is deeply committed to increasing the diversity of the campus community and to promoting an environment of equality, inclusion, and respect for difference. The College is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and especially welcomes applications from veterans, women, individuals with disabilities, and members of racial, ethnic, and other historically underrepresented groups.Vassar College is a smoke-free, tobacco-free campus.Note: Vassar College has a universal vaccination policy requiring a COVID-19 vaccination, including a booster, for all employees except for those exempt for medical or religious reasons.Vassar College offers a comprehensive benefits package for administrators which includes:
- 22 vacation days for full time employees – (prorated if not full time), unlimited paid personal and sick time for use at the supervisor’s approval.
- 14 paid holidays per year which includes the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
- A choice of three health plans (EPO, PPO, High Deductible), Participation in FSA, Dependent Care, and Transit programs.
- Voluntary, employee-paid dental insurance plan.
- Life Insurance and Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance
- Employer paid short-term and long-term disability programs.
- 403(b) defined contribution plan after one year of service. For more information, visit: Retirement Benefits – Human Resources
- New hires will be automatically enrolled in the SRA at a 4% employee contribution per paycheck.
- Tuition Benefits- Eligible after applicable waiting period. For more information, visit: Tuition – Human Resources
- Vassar currently has a remote work policy that some applicants may find attractive.
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
With the launch of Vassar’s ambitious comprehensive capital campaign, Fearlessly Consequential: A Campaign for Our Collective Future, in October 2022, it has never been a more exciting time to join Vassar’s Advancement office. The Assistant Director of Annual Giving, Digital Engagement Officer (DXO), will help to ensure that Vassar remains a leader in higher education through fundraising to support programs such as financial aid, faculty and student research, curricular innovation, racial and social justice, environmental sustainability, need-blind admissions, and career education.
Vassar’s mission-driven Annual Giving team seeks a skilled communicator and strong relationship manager to deliver a high-volume and personalized digital engagement and fundraising program. The successful candidate will play a critical role in cultivating and growing a pipeline of new donors and drive ever-increasing rates of annual giving and participation as a key member of our driven and innovative team.
In this specialized fundraising role, the DXO will leverage social media and virtual communications tools to create digital engagement strategies that cultivate relationships, inspire giving, and build sustained annual philanthropic support based on what truly matters to each donor. Tracking, reporting, and ongoing analysis of results will drive goal-setting, growth, and performance evaluations for the program.
The DXO will work under the supervision of and collaborate closely with the Associate Director of Annual Giving, Digital Engagement Officer. The successful candidate must be comfortable with multitasking in a fast-paced environment, asking for donations to support the College, engaging donors daily using video, phone, and email, and have a passion for higher education. Additionally, we expect the DXO to work with a variety of campus partners as well as with colleagues across the Office of Advancement on key campaign initiatives.
- Actively manage a portfolio of approximately 1,000 newly identified annual giving prospects and lapsed donors with capacity ratings of $25,000 to $100,000.
- Leverage digital technology and databases such as Salesloft, Vidyard, LinkedIn, and ThankQ to build, sustain, and track relationships with managed prospects.
- Plan, track, and execute an average of 50 outbound touch points per day that reflect a unique appreciation for each donor’s professional and philanthropic interests.
- Proactively monitor engagement and fundraising results to identify trends and opportunities to optimize success.
- Meet or exceed defined weekly, monthly, and quarterly outreach goals, with an emphasis on securing a high volume of virtual meetings with prospective donors throughout the year.
- Meet or exceed annual participation and dollar goals raised among managed prospects in year one.
- Develop and demonstrate knowledge of Vassar’s history, campaign goals, and current institutional priorities, as well as alumni-engagement activities, volunteer opportunities, and career-mentoring programs.
- Build relationships with key faculty and administrative partners, as well as with Advancement colleagues, to facilitate stronger alumni connections with the college’s programs, personnel, and priorities, as needed.
- Actively participate in ongoing professional development that advances the Vassar community’s commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging.
- Partner with Advancement colleagues on outreach and follow-up for alumni events and campus programs, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 1-3 years of relevant work experience.
- Previous work experience in higher education is preferred.
- Passion for fundraising in support of access to higher education and the value of the liberal arts.
- A genuine interest in and respect for people with diverse backgrounds and interests, and an appreciation for the personal experiences that inspire individual philanthropy.
- A drive to share learning and help others to succeed.
- Ability to manage a high volume of work across multiple platforms and databases in a fast-paced environment.
- High degree of grit, resilience, and a relentless “can-do” attitude when presented with challenges.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills across mediums, especially email, video, and video conferencing.
- Strong collaboration and organizational skills, as well as the ability to prioritize effectively
- Strong work ethic with a desire to become a leader in the development space.
- Ability to handle confidential information responsibly and interact professionally within a complex organization.
Special Instructions to Applicants
To complete your on-line application, you will be required to attach your resume, cover letter, and contact information for 3 professional references. All attachments must be in PDF format. Review of applications will begin immediately. If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources, 845-437-5820.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.