Associate Director, Pipeline Data Strategy
University of WashingtonSeattle, WA
As a UW employee, you have a unique opportunity to change lives on our campuses, in our state and around the world. UW employees offer their boundless energy, creative problem solving skills and dedication to build stronger minds and a healthier world.
UW faculty and staff also enjoy outstanding benefits, professional growth opportunities and unique resources in an environment noted for diversity, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits and natural beauty.
For the University of Washington (UW) to be the greatest public university in the world as measured by our impact, the UW and University Advancement (UA) must weave equity and anti-racism into everything we do. Becoming a more equitable organization starts with us, and focusing on groups that have been excluded and under-engaged will lead to better outcomes for our whole community. Ensuring that diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are natural outcomes of our activities will require us to state our values, live by those values and work toward our vision every day. To sustain our efforts, we have defined a path forward with our values clearly articulated and shared throughout the organization. We invite you, our community, to walk with us, share feedback and engage as we do our part in the University-wide effort to create a more just and equitable world.
The Associate Director, Pipeline Data Strategy plays a key role in helping University Advancement acquire, retain, elevate, steward, and engage donors. Working with the Annual Philanthropy and Philanthropic Recognition Programs teams, this role will create and execute processes and analysis to ensure quality data is available and actionable for staff throughout University Advancement (UA). This position helps measure and assess the performance of campaigns across multiple channels and outreach efforts, making recommendations and proposing solutions to improve results. This role evaluates data and information from various sources to reliably recognize and appropriately designate next steps in the relationship building process with donors and prospective donors.
Functions carried out by this position inform decision-making for UA leadership, fundraising and stewardship staff to build support, interaction, and connection with the university.
Program Development and Management
- Manages data needs, data review, list management and vendor output files for DEC ongoing programs and one-time projects, such as direct mail, email outreach, DGO portfolios, stewardship and engagement projects.
- Independently consult and advise on, as well as create, internal products and processes that improve the donor pipeline, from beginning (identifying new potential prospects) to end (demonstrating the impact of philanthropy to current donors).
- Independently develop ad hoc project analyses and visualizations supporting DGO and annual giving metrics, stewardship and recognition, pipeline activity, digital communications, and related activity.
- Develop and monitor data segmentation plans, which serve as the foundation for engagement, solicitation and stewardship plans
- Consult with stakeholders to help define functional requirements for major information initiatives. Analyze and identify opportunities to expand and improve data processes in support of long-range automated and self-service information needs.
- Serve as a subject matter expert to teams who manage the Advancement data warehouse and create tools/reports, articulating nuance and business practices related to annual and leadership giving strategies, stewardship and recognition, digital marketing and omni-channel tactics, segmentation and donor journeys. Advise on related data structures and usage.
- Advise and collaborate with other strategists to bring rigor to their data analysis projects as they communicate data findings within University Advancement, including UA leadership.
- Implement and educate end users on the use of analytics scores and other data intelligence created by the Marketing Insights and Analytics team that support pipeline strategies.
- Advise on and support data governance policies and practices articulated by the Advancement Data Governance Oversight Committee.
- Promote a mutual understanding of data elements and reliable data standards through documentation and other learning opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree and four years of experience in advancement/development, business intelligence, or related field
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
- Experience leading teams or projects
- Proficiency in Excel and SQL
- Equivalent combination of comparable knowledge and skills may substitute for education and/or experience.
- Knowledge of nonprofit fundraising practices
- Experience with donor or customer CRM (customer relationship management) software
- Proficiency with Tableau or other data visualization software
- Cubicle/Open workspace environment which may result in additional or higher levels of noise and visual distractions.
- Hybrid office/telework arrangements are available
Job Location Details: Hybrid Eligible – (2 days in Office, 3 Days Telework)
Salary: $7,125 – $7,500 per month
The application process for UW positions may include completion of a variety of online assessments to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. These assessments may include Work Authorization, Cover Letter and/or others. Any assessments that you need to complete will appear on your screen as soon as you select “Apply to this position”. Once you begin an assessment, it must be completed at that time; if you do not complete the assessment you will be prompted to do so the next time you access your “My Jobs” page. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your “My Jobs” page to take when you are ready. Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until all required assessments have been completed.
To apply for this job please visit uwhires.admin.washington.edu.
- Next s