Assistant Director of Engagement
UVA McIntire School of CommerceCharlottesville, VA
The McIntire School of Commerce Foundation is actively seeking an Assistant Director of Engagement. This position will support the School’s Advancement and Engagement team and manages several important programs and initiatives, including serving as the primary liaison for the McIntire Young Alumni Council (MYAC). Additionally, the Assistant Director serves as a member of the McIntire Events team, responsible for assisting with the planning, management and execution of select events held on and off Grounds. The Assistant Director also works closely with the School and University partners to better engage alumni, parents, and friends of the School.
Responsibilities are wide-ranging and vary greatly depending on the current needs of the School, the team, and the specific time of year. Projects may include, but are not limited to:
- Engagement support, including:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for faculty, staff and student requests for alumni involvement in cocurricular and extracurricular programming.
- Co-lead the McIntire Alumni Mentor Program (MAM) by recruiting alumni to participate and serving as the main point of contact for alumni mentors.
- Manage the execution of certain alumni programming and communications including receptions, board meetings, school tours, class visits and events for affinity groups of the School, including Ivy Society and the McIntire Black Alumni Network.
- Assist with the planning and execution of signature events both on and off Grounds.
- Board and volunteer management, including:
- Serve as the liaison for MYAC by overseeing board management and supporting board activities and engagement opportunities.
- Serve as the liaison for the McIntire Alumni Trustee program by managing engagement and providing opportunities for volunteers.
- Event support for conferences, speaker series, seminars, Centers events, board meetings and social gatherings, including:
- Collaborating with various McIntire-affiliated units to ensure that events are planned, managed and executed to a high standard consistent with the School of Commerce.
- Work closely with internal constituents, including the building manager and McIntire Audio Video Support (MAVS), as well as external vendors including but not limited to A/V, caterers, staging, lighting and tenting companies, to ensure a seamless event presentation for those attending in-person as well as those joining remotely.
- Manage student workers and other volunteers on an event-by-event basis.
To fulfill the responsibilities associated with this position, the successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree and interest in the advancement profession. Working experience in higher education is preferred. The position requires the ability to manage many projects simultaneously and to complete them in a timely manner. Organization, initiative, flexibility, superior communication skills, and the ability to work both independently and in coordination with colleagues are absolutely vital to success in this position. The proven ability to exercise discretion and good judgment; the ability to work well with a variety of diverse constituents; excellent written and verbal communication skills; and attention to detail are a must. An enthusiastic, positive, “hands-on, take charge” personality, and open communication style are desired. Some evening and weekend work is expected.
This is a hybrid-eligible position in Charlottesville, VA. The person in this position must also have access to and maintain a secure home office environment with high-speed internet service.
Anticipated Hiring Range: $50,000 – $60,000
Interested applicants should email a resume and cover letter to Brandy Amos, Human Resource Manager ([email protected]). Review of applicants will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.
The University of Virginia McIntire School of Commerce Foundation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and welcomes diversity in all forms. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through each person’s unique perspectives and lived experiences.
The McIntire School of Commerce is one of the highest-ranked undergraduate business schools in the nation and is recognized for excellence and innovation in both undergraduate and graduate business education and scholarship. The School is dedicated to educating and inspiring students to become visionary leaders who shape global business with integrity, purpose, intercultural fluency, and a fundamental understanding of how commerce can contribute to the common good.