Assistant Director, Direct Marketing
University of VirginiaCharlottesville, VA
The University of Virginia University Annual Giving team seeks an Assistant Director, Direct Marketing. The incumbent will serve as a project manager tasked with increasing philanthropic support to the University of Virginia and partners through print, digital, text, and newly emerging technologies. The ideal candidate is organized, process-driven, has strong written and verbal communication skills, and thrives in a collaborative environment.
The University Annual Giving team plays an integral and strategic role in University Advancement. This team works cross-functionally, producing donor-centric direct marketing strategies and creative output leading to growth in philanthropic support to the University.
- Serve as a liaison to five to ten partners (schools and programs) across Grounds.
- For these partners, develop a production timeline of annual giving projects with tasks, deadlines, and responsibilities.
- Build and schedule emails in Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Review and maintain GiveCampus giving forms and campaigns.
- Compile and distribute print communications in conjunction with external vendors.
- Coordinate production with internal partners including writers, graphic designers, and a data team to ensure on-time delivery of appeals and stewardship.
- Manage vendor relationships.
- Report results of solicitations to leadership and partners in pre-determined timeframes.
- Collaborate with team members to review and analyze project results and make recommendations for strategy enhancements.
- Provide exceptional customer service to constituents and partners.
- Assist in developing and implementing A/B testing strategies to increase dollars and donors.
- Coordinate with team members to provide appropriate audience segmentation and solicitation performance updates on a mutually agreed upon schedule, based on milestones and partner needs.
- Collaborate with team members and partners on content and format that incorporates annual giving best practices.
- Participate in Office of Engagement and Advancement Community meetings, events, and programs.
- Attend training opportunities to further knowledge of Annual Giving best practices.
- In addition to the above responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field with a minimum of one year of experience in one or more of the following: fundraising, alumni relations, non-profit, project management, communications, or sales/marketing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, an understanding of marketing principles, and highly effective project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and meet complex deadlines.
- Experience with marketing tools such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud or GiveCampus.
- Strong proficiency working with personal computers and related hardware/software is preferred.
- Knowledge of marketing and communication best practices.
- Social media experience.
- Relationship management experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Understand the principles of philanthropy, higher education, and relationship management.
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, University Advancement honors your experiences, perspectives, and unique identity. Together, we strive to create and maintain working environments that are inclusive, equitable, and welcoming so we can best achieve our mission of supporting our broadly diverse partners, schools, and networks of engaged alumni, parents, and friends of the University.
UVA Advancement offers a flexible and hybrid workplace. All team members must have access to and maintain a secure home office environment with high-speed internet service and work collaboratively with others using various technologies and tools. Depending on the type of position and work performed, or as deemed by manager, some positions may be required to work intermittently in a shared office space located in Charlottesville, Virginia. This position may work from anywhere, with the expectation of being in Charlottesville a minimum of twice a year at UVA’s expense.
This position will remain open until filled. This is an exempt level, benefited position. This position is a restricted position and is dependent upon project need, availability of funding, and performance. The salary range is $58,000-63,000 and is commensurate with education and experience. The University will perform background checks on all new hires prior to employment. For questions about the position or the application process, please contact Daniel Strong, Senior Recruiter, at [email protected].
Please apply through Workday, and search for Assistant Director, Direct Marketing. Complete an application online and attach a cover letter and CV/resume all into the resume submission field, multiple documents can be submitted into this one field. Internal applicants must apply through their UVA Workday profile.
The University of Virginia, including UVA Health system, which represents UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group, and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person’s perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy,) sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.
COVID Vaccination Requirement and Guidelines
Please visit the UVA COVID-19 Job Requirements and Guidelines webpage prior to applying for current information regarding vaccination requirements and guidelines for employment at UVA.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person’s perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.
To apply for this job please visit uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.