University of Maine FoundationPortland, MN
We’re looking for a highly motivated and goal-oriented professional to join our fundraising team. The successful candidate will steward a portfolio of major donors and play a critical role in representing and furthering philanthropic support for the University community.
We offer a competitive benefits package with opportunities for growth and advancement.
The Foundation has offices in Orono and Portland.
Salary Range: $75,000 – $90,000
To apply, send (1) a letter of application, (2) a resume/CV, and (3) three references with contact information to [email protected] or by mail to Human Resources, University of Maine Foundation, Two Alumni Place, Orono, Maine 04469.
Review of applications will begin in January 2023 and continue until the position is filled.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Manages a portfolio of annual and major gift prospects
- Completes visits annually, documenting activities, strategies, results, and next steps
- Meets or exceeds yearly dollar goal
- Provides consistent, donor-centered cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
- Works closely with university and foundation staff to ensure full integration, engagement, and coordination with all fundraising activities in support of university and foundation initiatives
- Assists in planning and implementing campaign-related fundraising activities
- Keeps abreast of private support needs and opportunities across the university generally and specifically as appropriate
- Deepens expertise by attending appropriate professional development opportunities through organizations such as CASE, AFP, or other networks in areas of responsibility
- Effective Communication
- Interpersonal Skills & Integrity
- Analytical & Strategic Thinking
- Decision Making
- Computer Proficient
- Organization & Planning
- Initiative & Innovation
- Leadership & Teamwork
- Ethical Conduct & Judgment
No direct supervisory responsibilities
Work Schedule and Location
Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Due to the nature of the position, work beyond regular hours, including evenings and weekends, may be necessary to meet the position’s requirements.
This position can work from the Foundation’s Orono or Portland, Maine office.
As a university and foundation representative and host, this position requires regular attendance at community and athletic events.
There is significant pressure for success based on fundraising goals and expectations.
This position requires extensive local and domestic overnight travel. The employee must hold a valid driver’s license and either a U.S. Passport or U.S. Passport Card.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-5 years of relevant fundraising/sales experience or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Success in soliciting gifts or closing sales of $50,000 and above
The Foundation is an equal-opportunity employer
To apply for this job please visit umainefoundation.org.