Assistant Director of Annual Giving
University of FloridaGainesville, FL
The Assistant Director of Annual Giving directly manages a portfolio of direct marketing projects for the annual giving program. This includes, but is not limited to, annual giving mass appeals and special campaigns. Reporting to the Director of Annual Giving Campaigns this position will manage relationships with central and partner units to effectively and efficiently leverage data to drive decision making and strategy. Additionally, this role will also support fundraising activities for affinity groups as well as other special campaigns as they arise, with a focus on digital strategy and marketing.
Role and Responsibilities:
Digital Strategy & Marketing:
- Work in partnership with the Director of Annual Giving Campaigns to develop and execute an integrated digital solicitation strategy for the annual giving and UF Alumni Association membership programs, including, but not limited to email and web solicitations, digital advertising, social media engagement and advertising.
- Assist with the development of central and unit specific digital campaigns and manage execution of these campaigns in partnership with members of the Annual Giving team.
- Develop processes to evaluate results of digital campaigns and report statistics to appropriate parties.
- Assist the Director of Annual Giving Campaigns with all key APR digital efforts through execution of landing pages, emails, social media content and digital advertising.
- Serve as the project manager for any major digital initiatives in annual giving.
- Leverage an omni-channel approach to central email campaigns, working with Annual Giving team members to incorporate direct mail, social media, digital ads, phone, peer-to-peer, and texting.
- Work with the Senior Director of Digital Marketing & Engagement and the Senior Web Administrator to evaluate results of mass marketing email campaigns and use those results to drive strategy moving forward.
- Execute all central development digital fundraising activities, including: quarterly email campaigns, CYE and FYE email campaigns, monthly Gator tag emails, and special campaigns in partnership with colleges and units.
Annual Giving Campaigns:
- Manage and execute the annual giving campaigns for 4-5 unit partners with small to medium sized constituent bases.
- In partnership with units, plan and execute direct marketing campaigns. Duties include working with graphics team to design packaging and art, determining appropriate segmentation, requesting and managing data based on unit specific needs, drafting copy templates, working with units and communications to finalize and proof all materials, track and monitor progress to make appropriate segment changes, reporting results to units, monitoring expenses in relation to the overall budget and managing mail associated charge backs.
- Evaluate campaigns to ensure goals are being met.
- Analyze unit performance and report to units on a regular basis.
- Produce and maintain yearly production calendar for Annual Giving with regards to these units.
Stand Up & Holler Giving Day:
- Work in partnership with the Director of Annual Giving Campaigns, to develop and execute an integrated digital solicitation strategy for Giving Day.
- Assist with digital efforts related to Giving Day through execution of landing pages, emails, social media content and digital advertising.
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and one year of relevant experience.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- One to three years of annual giving, membership, direct marketing, or digital advertising experience.
- Prior experience in development or related fields.
- Prior experience developing and implementing special campaigns including social media and email marketing.
- Knowledge of annual giving within philanthropy.
- Ability to work collaboratively and a team player.
- Proven project management, time management, and organizational skills.
- Competency in problem solving.
- Outstanding customer service skills; ability to cultivate and maintain positive relationships with both external and internal constituents.
- Ability to incorporate both quantitative and qualitative information and metrics into decision making.
- Must be an outstanding communicator and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills; interpersonal skills; and the ability to work collegially and interact effectively with a diverse constituency.
- An appreciation for and support of diversity in the workplace in all its forms; proven success working with stakeholders; project management skills; experience in a data-driven environment; organizational skills; and the ability to lead, influence and motivate others are required.
- Strive to create an inclusive and accessible environment for all, promote and sustain diversity in the workplace in all its forms.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and a customer service-oriented attitude.
- Technology savvy.
- Fluency in Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, internet browsers, E-mail. Familiarity with email software, preferably Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume and three references. Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
To apply for this job please visit explore.jobs.ufl.edu.