UAlbany Fund Engagement Center Manager
University at AlbanyAlbany, NY
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany’s broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of approximately 17,000 students in nine schools and colleges across three campuses.
Located in Albany, New York, New York State’s capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks.
The UAlbany Fund Engagement Center Manager, reporting to the director for Annual Giving, is responsible for administering several effective and dynamic programs as a strategic part of the University’s Annual Giving program, in its ongoing effort to build a strong culture of philanthropy while securing gifts from alumni and parents.
The Engagement Center Manager will oversee phonathon operations, including the recruitment, hiring, and training of student representatives and supervisors; caller motivation and retention, assessment of caller performance and the ongoing professional development program while providing constructive evaluation for improvement and growth in order to ensure maximum productivity. Additionally, the manager will be responsible for data analysis, project reporting, implementation of best practices, preparing scripts, and coordinating with advancement partners on timely data entry of pledges, gifts, and biographical data.
The Engagement Center Manager will maintain primary responsibility for student philanthropy initiatives including acting as the faculty advisor to the UAlbany Student Philanthropy Council (SPC) and planning and growing the annual class gift program and other engagement programs designed to educate current students about the importance of alumni and parent support to the university in furtherance of ongoing efforts to establish a culture of philanthropy at the University at Albany. As part of the Annual Giving team, the manager will assist with young alumni annual giving programs including direct mail and digital campaigns.
- Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Minimum 2 years working in higher education or annual giving/fundraising, or an equivalent combination of related work experience
- Candidates should have an interest in working in a higher education fundraising setting
- Candidates for this position should possess strong written, communication, analytical, organizational, interpersonal, and planning skills
- Have the ability to work effectively with, mentor, and supervise student employees
- Available to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Applicants must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population
- Experience in higher education annual giving or fundraising
- Ideal candidates for this position have experience working in a phonathon/tele-fundraising program, preferably as a student caller or manager in a higher education setting OR have supervised student employees in a related higher education setting
- Familiarity with Ellucian/ Raiser’s Edge or similar databases, and Wilson-Bennett Phonathon Connect or similar automated telephone fundraising software; comfort with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter stating all the required minimum qualifications and any of the applicable preferred qualifications
- Writing sample
- Contact information for three professional references
Note: After submitting your resume, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
To apply for this job please visit albany.interviewexchange.com.