Director of The Lawrenceville Parents Fund
The Lawrenceville SchoolLawrenceville, NJ
The Director of The Lawrenceville Parents Fund is a member of The Lawrenceville Fund team and is responsible for directing all aspects of fundraising as it relates to The Lawrenceville Parents Fund. The Director will have responsibility for all current parents, past parents, and grandparents with a focus on growing the dollars raised and sustaining an increased current parent participation. In addition to collaborating closely with TLF team, including the Director of the Red & Black Leadership Society, the Director will work closely with the Leadership Gifts and Planned Giving teams, to coordinate matters pertaining to parents in their respective prospect pools. The Director will have a parent portfolio and will be responsible for the planning and implementation of cultivation and solicitation activities for prospects and donors.
- Lead overall strategy for all types of communications (solicitation and stewardship) and organize activities regarding the Parents Fund.
- Recruit, train and manage the team of TLPF volunteers (chairs, captains and volunteers from each form in addition to past parent volunteers) with a focus on increasing current parent participation while reaching and sustaining a $3M TLPF post Campaign.
- Represent A&D and The Parents Fund at parent-related events across campus.
- Personally solicit and steward a robust portfolio of parent prospects/donors with Red and Black Leadership asks of $2,500+.
- Manage accompanying briefings, contact reports, and travel.
- Collaborate closely with the Director of the Red & Black Leadership Society and the Leadership Gifts and Planned Giving teams, to coordinate matters pertaining to parents in their respective prospect pools.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 5+ years of development experience, with a preference for an independent secondary school environment.
- Possess the ability to recruit, train, motivate, and retain a corps of committed volunteers, with the ability to work cooperatively and respectfully with all types of volunteers.
- The Director must have the ability and willingness to travel frequently.
- Ability to work earnestly in a team environment with coworkers and volunteers, and possess the ability to give and receive feedback.
- An understanding and reverence for the mission of The Lawrenceville School and the wider interests of independent secondary education, specifically boarding schools.
- Ability to devise, analyze, and present strategies for engagement and fund development, and to recommend new approaches when necessary.
- Clear, concise, and effective written and oral communication skills.
- Technical acuity and familiarity with donor tracking databases, preferably RENXT.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work, ability to meet multiple and often competing deadlines.
- Must be highly proficient with Microsoft and Google Suite applications.
To apply for this job please visit careers-lawrenceville.icims.com.
- Next s