Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement, Affinity Programming
The Catholic University of AmericaWashington, D.C.
Reporting to the executive director of alumni engagement, the assistant director of affinity programming is responsible for building and cultivating robust affinity networks. The assistant director is charged with executing engaging programming that attracts and engages alumni and donors.
This position is tasked with identifying and building affinity alumni networks and planning programming that supports those networks. The candidate has a wonderful opportunity to build an alumni affinity program from the ground up.
They will focus initially on starting a formal Black Alumni Network. There is already a strong volunteer group focused on the Thaddeus F. Aubry, Jr. and Leon A. LeBuffe Scholarship Fund. S/he will consult with this group as they build out the Black Alumni Network.
S/he will analyze our alumni base and determine additional affinity groups are needed to support alumni and current students while enhancing fundraising efforts.
The assistant director will coordinate with the Center for Cultural Engagement and the Office of Campus Activities to co-host events with alumni and students while building a pipeline of potential volunteers.
The assistant director will also serve in support of University fundraising efforts by conducting discovery visits with potential alumni volunteers and donors to the University.
Some travel is required with up to 35% of the time spent outside the office for events or visiting with alumni and friends of the university. Visits and events mostly consist of travel in the DMV area and East Coast with potential travel to the Midwest, West Coast, and South.
The assistant director will also serve as staff liaison to designated offices/constituents; staff designated committees, and other duties as required.
- Recruit alumni volunteers for affinity-based alumni network boards. Once boards are launched, continue to recruit and manage volunteers. Facilitate meetings for each affinity-based alumni network and serve as their staff liaison.
- Plan and implement a robust list of programming, focusing on events that engage current and prospective donors. Collaborate with student groups, the Center for Cultural Engagement, and the Office of Campus activities to co-host events for alumni and students.
- Conduct at least 50 visits with alumni; focusing on potential board members, speakers, and unassigned prospects for discovery.
- Utilize Raiser’s Edge (RE) database to document communications, visits, and other relevant information about donor and prospect moves management.
- Effectively communicate results of contacts to appropriate Advancement and University staff.
- Develop ways to plug affinity-based volunteers into appropriate admission programming and help attract a diverse set of students to apply and come to CUA.
- Have input and responsibility for the planning of Cardinal Weekend activities and other university events as needed.
- Attend necessary board meetings and other key functions of the alumni engagement team as needed.
- Attend University events and functions, including but not limited to Cardinal Weekend and Commencement, representing the Division of University Advancement as needed.
Bachelor’s Degree required with at least two (2) years in higher education, non-profit or similar work setting dealing with volunteer management, alumni relations, event management, fundraising, or related responsibilities. Previous alumni relations work or fundraising is desired. Experience in event management and volunteer management is desirable.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Google for Education, and ability to learn new software programs and functions including donor database and online community.
Possession of current and valid U.S. driver’s license appropriate to the type of university vehicle and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Driving Record (MVR) as stipulated in the Vehicle Guidelines and Procedures Manual administered through the office of Environmental Health and Safety. Annual clearance of MVR check through the Office of Environmental Health and Safety.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.
- Next s