Director of Annual Giving
Texas State UniversitySan Marcos, TX
The Director of Annual Giving will implement and evaluate a coordinated matrix of communication and solicitation strategies involving email, social media, direct mail, all focused on shaping a sustainable tradition of annual support for the university. The Director of Annual Giving is a strategic, creative and analytical leader who establishes clear measures for success, with input from and ownership among his/her peers. They should have knowledge of the principles and techniques of fundraising, a strong grasp of marketing principles, and specifically the nuances of annual giving as applied to higher education. This position reports to the Assistant Vice President for Alumni Engagement.
- Develop unrestricted revenue projections, fundraising targets, and action plans to achieve annual fund goals. Establishes, implements, and evaluates an annual calendar of activities that proactively engages alumni and friends of the University in support of the Maroon & Gold Annual Fund. Monitors progress for the annual giving program toward achieving fundraising targets.
- Performs data analysis related to all aspects of the annual fund program. Uses analysis to evaluate current annual giving programs and to make recommendations for program changes. In consultation with Advancement Services and Prospect Development, identifies effective segmentation and establishes processes to track and analyze fund raising results.
- Employs an effective mix of marketing and communication vehicles, including email, direct mail, social media, crowdfunding, and texting to increase total annual donations and gift revenue from alumni and friends. Leverage design, data, technology, and content to deliver impactful stories and appeals. Collaborates closely with Advancement Services, Marketing, Communications, Print and Copy Services, and other appropriate partners across campus in the planning, designing, and implementing integrated annual giving campaigns.
- Proactively works with peers in the colleges and Athletics to coordinate solicitation plans and strategies. Manages the crowdfunding platform to support fundraising for project-specific solicitations, including providing strategic guidance on crowdfunding best practices, project page content creation and campaign oversight.
- Acts as liaison to volunteers and project leads for the Faculty/Staff Campaign to engage faculty and staff in philanthropic support for the university and for the annual Step Up for State day-of-giving event. Manages content creation, day-to-day project coordination, metrics development and reporting for both events and as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience with annual giving, including developing segmented solicitation and stewardship plans, and setting fundraising targets.
- Demonstrated expertise in the use of multi-channel annual appeals and implementation to build a consistent base of support.
- Prior experience writing materials for fundraising solicitations and stewardship communications.
- Demonstrated analytical and data mining skills.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Work experience in higher education.
- Formal training in marketing/direct mail marketing is an asset.
- Prior experience with volunteer management.
- Understanding of database management, gift processing and donor relations, including experience with Raiser’s Edge.
You will be required to electronically attach a resume, cover letter, and list of references to your application.
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including, but not limited to, criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Why work @ Texas State?
- Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
- Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
- Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
- Great training and development opportunities: choose from a variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning resources, certifications, and employee educational support programs.
- An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
- Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
To apply for this job please visit jobs.hr.txstate.edu.