Director of Annual Giving
St. John's UniversityQueens, NY
The Director of Annual Giving reports to the Assistant Vice President of Institutional Advancement and Alumni Relations. The primary responsibility is implementation and execution of marketing solicitations directed toward alumni, parents, and students. This includes creation of the strategies, programs, and plans for the on-campus phone and engagement programs, direct mail letters and appeals, solicitation e-mails, social media, and SMS messaging as well as other outreach methods including crowdfunding and volunteers.
- Work as the lead member of the team responsible for planning and executing an annual fundraising program centered in direct mail, campus-based phone program, volunteer efforts, and electronic solicitations.
- Manage a small portfolio of discovery prospects with annual qualification and Loughlin ($1,000+) member goals.
- Manage professional staff responsible for electronic appeals, phone program and direct mail production along with student workers and graduate assistants.
- Coordinate e-fundraising efforts and execute the steps needed to target, create and deliver solicitations through electronic venues. This includes social media, email, and text messaging.
- Coordinate marketing efforts with other aspects of Institutional Advancement to provide effective IA communications that provide multi-channel, multi-message value to constituents and the University.
- Represent each of the 6 schools and colleges that make up the University through giving direct, annual fundraising efforts on their behalf.
- Engage students in a discussion and education regarding the University as an educational charity to provide a culture that values alma mater support.
- Establish and grow a volunteer solicitation program with the goal of leveraging the alumni and parents connected to the University to increase participation from all constituencies.
- Create and execute a plan for appeals that enables the University to grow the donor count with a focus on undergraduate alumni participation.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s/advanced degrees preferred
- 5-7 years of experience in development/advancement with experience managing volunteer fundraising programs, direct mail, and digital fundraising
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, public-speaking, and written skills
- Leadership and sales skills to recruit, solicit, market, and manage individual alumni and groups
- Ability to take initiative, be creative, and attentive to detail
- Work as part of a larger group and independently
- Knowledge of Banner, Raisers Edge or similar fundraising platform required; salesforce preferred
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook/e-mail programs
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.
- Next s