Alumni + Family Relations Officer, Families
Rhode Island School of DesignProvidence, RI
Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) seeks an Alumni + Family Relations Officer, Families to plan, design and implement diverse and inclusive programs, events, and communications for families of current and past students. Joining the Institutional Advancement (IA) office and working with the Executive Director of Alumni + Family Relations, the incumbent will establish and achieve dynamic set of program goals; managing regional and virtual engagement events, volunteer recruitment and training, maintaining regular communication with volunteers, and coordinating with Relationship Managers for the RISD Fund, major gift donors, and planned giving donors.
We seek applications from equity-minded candidates who will thrive in a campus environment that is committed to advancing the principles of social equity and inclusion, and equal access to resources and opportunities.
- Develop and implement campus, regional and virtual engagement opportunities for families including programming on RISD Weekend and Commencement + Reunion Weekend; regional gatherings; webinars; and regular communications.
- Meet regularly with the Executive Director, Alumni + Family Relations and Executive Director, RISD Fund to coordinate engagement strategies for potential donors.
- With input from the Executive Director, Alumni + Family Relations and Director, Institutional Advancement Communications, develop communication plans to keep parents informed and engaged with the life of the campus, collecting news and information from campus partners, and information on how to support their student at RISD.
- Serve as a liaison to the Family Association Leadership Council and develop and facilitate volunteer training and volunteer management including outreach and recruitment of volunteers for succession planning for family volunteer leadership roles.
- Serve as the point of contact for campus partners (Careers, Student Affairs, Enrollment, and Academic Affairs) on campus, regional and virtual programming for families.
- Work closely with Advancement Services to ensure that family participation, including registrations, attendance, and post-attendance follow-up are properly recorded on RaisersEdge database.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must have knowledge of, or experience with digital, social media, and diverse mediums of communication.
- Strong time management skills. Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and under deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must demonstrate sensitivity to individuals of varying backgrounds, including but not limited to, racial, ethnic, religious, gender, cultural, ability, sexual orientation and socioeconomic.
- Demonstrated experience with alumni and development databases (Raiser’s Edge preferred) and strong computer skills in programs such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to write persuasively and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and engaging nature.
- Ability to comfortably and effectively speak in public and make presentations in meetings.
- Ability to interact and correspond professionally with senior staff and distinguished alumni.
- Ability to manage and monitor budgets and expenses.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Minimum of three (3) years progressively responsible family/alumni relations and/or development experience with some experience managing and fostering productive relationships with leadership volunteers.
35 hours per week; 12 months per year
Documents Needed to Apply:
- Resume (Required)
- Cover Letter (Required)
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please upload all required documents.
The successful candidate will be required to meet our pre-employment background screening requirements.
RISD recognizes diversity and inclusivity as fundamental to its learning community and integral to an art and design education. We welcome candidates whose experience has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. RISD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
To apply for this job please visit risd.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.