Assistant Director, Annual Giving
NC State UniversityRaleigh, NC
- Provide strategic direction and long-range/short-range planning for growing the annual giving program while supporting the greater development and campaign goals of the colleges.
- Act as the top annual giving fundraising advocate, resource and expert for the College of Veterinary Medicine and the College of Natural Resources while maintaining a strong working relationship with associated staff.
- Manage and execute mail, email and web solicitations sent from the annual giving office that utilize content and segmentation strategies for the colleges.
- Integrate colleges’ messaging within the scope of the annual giving team’s university-wide fundraising campaigns.
- Maximize return for NC State Day of Giving for the colleges through the utilization of segmentation and unique content.
- Perform copywriting for fundraising communications of the colleges.
- Perform copywriting and editing for university-wide fundraising communications as needed.
- Partner with NC State Annual Giving, University Communications and provide strategic direction and long-range/short-range planning for growing the annual giving program while supporting the greater development and campaign goals of the colleges.
- Work with marketing and communications staff for design, editing, videography and other asset deliverables.
- Utilize data and reporting information to strategically enhance marketing efforts.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the colleges and provide regular updates to the teams.
- Follow emerging trends and best practices in annual giving direct marketing strategy
- Assist in the detailed planning of annual solicitation programs, which may include special campaigns.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Attend a variety of events throughout the year.
- Occasional travel and occasional night and weekend work is required.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and one year of professional-level experience in direct solicitation / fundraising or a closely related field (such as sales) are required.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Project management experience with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and make decisions to move the program forward.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, complex, team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills with a strong attention to detail and deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Mac OSX and Windows desktop environments
- Ability to work independently, to be creative and exercise initiative
- High energy level and strong drive to be successful
- Unquestioned integrity in dealing with confidential information
- Open and accessible interpersonal style; good listener
- Optimistic, persistent and positive attitude
- Knowledge of strategies that target annual giving prospects, donors and alumni.
- Experience in a non-profit development office is preferred. Vendor management is a plus. Familiarity with direct marketing practices and techniques, including test strategies, segmentation strategies, and measurement of results is desirable.
- Proven experience in fundraising operations.
- Experience producing and executing large scale/comprehensive mailings (50K+ constituents) is desirable.
- Work experience requiring effective writing, proofing and editing skills is preferred.
- Knowledge of principles, practices and ethics of fundraising.
- An understanding of the land grant, research Tier One university environment.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ncsu.edu.