Annual Giving Director
Milton Gottesman Jewish Day SchoolWashington, D.C.
Responsible for developing and executing fundraising plans to ensure the school achieves annual fundraising goals and strengthens community relationships in a way that elevates school stature and grows alumni, parents of alumni, foundation, and corporate giving.
- Develop a comprehensive annual giving strategy and be responsible for the successful management and execution of the program to achieve financial goals. This includes setting and achieving goals for donor upgrades, retention, and acquisition; and analyzing and utilizing data to make decisions about growth opportunities.
- Oversee the creation of fundraising collateral, including segmented and personalized direct mail and online solicitations, event invitations, etc.
- Maintain a portfolio of mid-level and major donors ($2,500-$10,000), cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding annual and endowment gifts.
- Recruit and engage an Annual Giving Committee, including meeting scheduling, developing agendas, presentations and other materials and regular communication to set them up for success.
- In partnership with Advancement colleagues, develop and execute a comprehensive engagement strategy for parents of alumni to strengthen connection with the school
- Grow a portfolio of foundation and corporate investors to broaden the school’s base of support.
- Develop and create personalized stewardship reports and recognition strategies for various constituencies and donor levels
- Assist with the identification and qualification of major gift prospective donors
- Utilize a sophisticated donor database to track giving and engagement, analyze giving trends, and support a relationship-based fundraising model
- In partnership with Advancement colleagues, develop and execute Advancement events, including Share the Nachas Day (Grandparents Day), Purim Ball, the Rabin and Zymelman Lectures and other special and ad hoc events
- Collaborate across departments to develop an energetic and enthusiastic culture of philanthropy and find opportunities for storytelling and revenue generation
- Step in to support other areas of school as required. As a small school, we pitch in where and when needed, whether to take on new tasks or to support a temporary need
- Reports to: Chief Advancement Officer
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net.